Below is a suggested set of rules to follow when editing this wiki. Administrators of this wiki should read these rules and adapt them as necessary.
- Keep it civil: Do not make personal attacks on other people. If you need to criticize another user’s argument, do so without attacking them as a person. Do not use bigoted language, including slurs which degrade another person or group of people based on gender, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, etc.
- Be a productive member of the wiki: Contribute to the wiki in line with the established processes and conventions. Need help? Ask an Admin or Mod. Disrupting the wiki with “edit warring” over differing opinions of a topic with another user or group of users is not productive.
- Do not harass other users: If somebody asks you to stop posting certain content on their wall, respect their wishes. It is their wall.
- Do follow community guidelines for formatting: When a community has established formatting, it’s important to adhere to that, especially when spoiler content is involved.
- Dont vandalize profiles: Do not vandalize articles by any means. Doing so will almost always result in a block.
- Make a CRT: In case of controversial edits to a profile, a CRT should first be done (and accepted) before the edits can be applied.
- Regarding non-english series: When doing a CRT for a non-english series, and you are using non-english scans, you must also post at least the raw text from the scans along with them, but the translation of said text is also welcomed. Any CRT that doesn't follow this rule would be ignored and closed in the next 24 to 48 hours since the posting of said CRT.
- Avoid necros: Refrain from replying on threads that have been inactive for more than 1 month. The user should preferably create a new thread instead.
- Avoid spamming: Do not spam in any thread or article.
- NO NSFW: Do not post vulgar images or anything porn related. Doing so will almost always result in a block.
- No Trolling: Do not create pages/articles with trolling purposes and don't troll in general.
- Using sock-puppet handles is strongly forbidden, especially to circumvent blocks. Doing so will result in the block duration being greatly increased for all of the relevant accounts.
Any of the following actions will count as vandalism and thus getting you either blocked or banned:
- Editing a wiki page to the point of nothing.
- Creating multiple accounts to spam the user creation log
- Disrupting the wiki's content provided to the point it obstructs or defeats the purpose of the wiki
- Changing words to something bad and has curse words.
- Filling articles with nonsensical content.
- Removing content from the page without justifications.
- When creating your profile, please follow our standard format. The same applies to verse pages.
- If you are new to editing, preferably start your intended profile(s) on a blog or sandbox first, before posting as an official/complete page. This allows room for better management and improvement of the profile in question, in addition of being able to save your progress at any time before posting as an official page.
- Do not create any joke profiles, as they do not fit into our tiering system.
- Do not add any fan-made characters to the wiki. "Fan-made" here refers to ones appearing within fanfiction or works containing a sufficient amount of another piece of fiction's copyrighted material without official permission.
- Characters coming from self-published original fiction should follow the following standards to have profiles:
- The work must have a coherent plot
- Power-scaling must be indexable and thus verses with "above omnipotent" characters like Suggsverse wouldn't be allowed
- The work must not prominently feature copyrighted material without permission, it should be focused on a completely original setting and characters.
- Characters and verses that originate from a YouTube series are allowed, but they should have a reasonably coherent narrative. Being a joke franchise with inconsistent feats and powerscaling should not automatically disallow the verse. However, the original YouTube characters should only scale from feats demonstrated within their own continuity rather than cross-scale from any notable cameo characters.
- Do not create profiles for deities and other figures from religions with a significant quantity of modern day followers. This includes those described in Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam. Featuring these types of profiles is certain to upset large groups of people.
- Regarding composite profiles, do not use any fan fiction or fanmade stuff. Use canon versions of the character that are officially licensed and/or have the creators approval.
- Regarding SCP profiles, only tales/characters that are original with no parodies/fanfiction basis are allowed, and they must have a vote rating of 50 or higher.
- Profiles that are supposed to have a 1-A/High 1-A rating should get an explanation blog and/or CRT first for evaluation.
- Plagiarism of character is completely disallowed. The only exceptions include using a less significant piece of the profile (the background, or explaining how attacks work), or if you already made the profile/made significant changes to the profile on another site, or if the OG creator of the profile from another wiki gave you permission to post it on this wiki. Profiles that are seemingly a copypaste from other wikis will be instantly deleted, unless it meets the aforementioned exceptions.