|“||A mysterious Digimon that appeared when negative thoughts gathered through dark power. None know its true identity, and whether this thing is a Digimon cannot be analyzed. Although the reason for its appearance is unconfirmed, it is thought that it seeks to purge the chaotic Digital World and return it to "Nothingness". According to one theory, there is a prophecy of Apocalymon's coming in a book of ancient prophecies.||„|
|~ Digimon Reference Book|
Apocalymon is a Dark Area Digimon and the main villain and antagonist of Digimon Adventure. It's purpose was to conquer the whole Digital World be cause he felt injustice due to him and other Dark Digimons disappear onto Oblivion while the other Digimons were living happily on the Digital World.
Powers and Stats
Classification: Apocalymon, Leader of the Dark Masters
Dimensionality: 12-D to Transfinite-D
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Pocket Reality Manipulation (Created his own dimension made of infinite darkness), Void Manipulation, Durability Negation (By teleporting Piedmon's swords onto others), Nonexistent Physiology (Type 2, is a natural inhabitant from Dark Area and therefore, lacks existence on a conceptual level), Corruption (Type 2; If touched, the Darkness will corrupt any new existence into a new darkness), Abstract Existence (Type 1; He is the very embodiment of Darkness and Non-Evolution), Acausality (Type 1), Space-Time Manipulation (His presence made time pass faster in the Digital World than in the Human World) Death Manipulation, Immortality (Type 5. Dark Area Digimons lack the concept of death), Hellfire Manipulation and Conceptual Erasure with Dark Fire (Can use the flames from the Hell/Dark Area, such flames are so powerful that can erase conceptual beings like the Seven Great Demon Lords with ease)
Data Manipulation (All Digimon can manipulate data for their own purposes) Reality Warping, Law Manipulation & Pocket Reality Manipulation (Reality is viewed, by Digimon, as just some normal computer program. That way, they are able to warp and change the structure of the very reality by changing the laws in whatever form they want to be), Reactive Adaptation (Digimon can rewrite their own structure to adapt to different situations) Immortality (Types 1, 3 & 4 (The last one is non-combat applicable). Digimon don't age and they can reform their Wireframe and if a Digimon dies, he'll just reincarnate), Higher-Dimensional Existence & Non-Corporeal (All Digimons are in fact, souls that exist on a higher plane of reality following an emanation cosmology that is transcending multiple levels of space-time. Their nature as higher souls makes them untouchable to lower-dimensional beings), Power Mimicry (Through absorbing opponents data, Digimon are able to assimilate their very abilities. Digimon in fact can learn the opponents's attacks just by observing them, but this is limited to the Digimon's intelligence), Inorganic Physiology (Type 1; Digimon are beings made entirely of data, lacking internal organs) Self-Sustenance (Type 1; Digimon don't need to breath) Mind and Soul Manipulation (Digimons are able to interact with each other's DigiCores, which are their very mind, soul and essence), Regeneration (Digimons are able to easily recover their Wireframes whenever it's damaged)
Resistance to Existence Erasure (As a natural inhabitant of the Dark Area, he is nonexistent), Death Manipulation (Dark Area Digimons lacks the concept of death), Absorption, Hacking & Power Nullification (Digimon are able to resist the bugging of the Eaters, which absorbs and corrupts data leaving them useless), Biological Manipulation (Digimon are composed entirely of data and lack internal organs) and Stronger Fire Manipulation (He was stated to be the Digimon that crossed the Firewall, which possesses flames worse than the Dark Fire)
Attack Potency: Hyperverse Level (He was able to easily power up the Dark Masters, the latter who defeated the Four Holy Beasts that were the gods of the Digital World, seeing the Digital World as nothing but a "Lower World")
Speed: Immeasurable (He's absurdly faster than the Four Holy Beasts and able to keep up with the DigiDestined and their Digimons alone. His mere presence alone caused time pass faster in the Digital World than in the Human World)
Lifting Strength: Immeasurable
Durability: Hyperverse level
Range: Interestellar to Hypeversal
Intelligence: Great. (He possesses memories from billions of Digimons that died in their very evolutionary proccess)
Weaknesses: None notable
- Darkness Zone: Generates a dark dimension that extends between both his hands infinitely, and erases everything in his path from existence.
- Grand Death Big Bang: Suicide attack that produces an explosion strong enough to wipe out two parallel dimensions. Used as a final resort.
- Death Evolution: He confines the enemy within the tips of his tentacles and degenerates it.
- Virus Grenade: Apocalymon launches thousands upon thousands of laser grenades at his opponents.
- Copied Attacks: The giant claws on Apocalymon’s lower body morph into specific parts of other evil Digimon and enable Apocalymon to use the attacks of said evil Digimon. He was shown to easily replicate Adult/Champion, Perfect/Ultimate and even Ultimate/Mega attacks with no difficulty at all. More notable ones include Devimon, Etemon, Vamdemon, MetalSeadramon, Pinochimon, Mugendramon, and Piedmon.
- MetalSeadramon's Ultimate Stream: (River of Power): Using his shapeshifting and power copying abilities one of Apocalymon’s many claws turns into the head of MetalSeadramon allowing him to fire a powerful laser beam from its nose cannon.
- Vamdemon/Myotismon's Bloody Stream: (Crimson Lightning): Using his shapeshifting and power copying abilities one of Apocalymon’s many claws turns into the body of Vamdemon/Myotismon allowing Apocalymon to send out powerful Red energy whips.
- Mugendramon/Machinedramon's Mugen Cannon: (Giga Cannon): Using his shapeshifting and power copying abilities one of Apocalymon’s many claws turns into the body of Mugendramon/Machinedramon allowing Apocalymon to utilize his powerful Mugen/Giga Cannon which shoots powerful Semi-Automatic blasts of energy.
- Devimon's Death Claw: Using his shapeshifting and power copying abilities one of Apocalymon’s many claws turns into the body of Devimon allowing him to utilize Devimon’s powerful Claws.
- Shi no Senkoku/Father Time: Instantly Kills an opponent with a word of death.
- Hell's Hand: Extends a giant decaying hand from underneath its cloak to attack the enemy and pulls the captured enemy all the way to hell.
- Death Charm: Casts an evil spell of darkness that washes over the enemy and saps away its life.
- Nightmare Wave: Emits a dark wave that hypnotizes the enemy, amplifying their doubts and driving them mad.
- Poison Breath: Blows out a poisonous smoke.
- Soul Chopper: Swings at the opponent with its scythe. Those who suffer this technique have their souls completely annihilated.
- Clown Trick: This attack has been used to cover several attacks:
- He throws a giant tablecloth at the opponent. If it touches the opponent it transforms them into a key chain.
- Conjures a ring of fire to attack opponents
- Creates a large ball and has it come out of the ground beneath the opponent to trip them up.
- Disguises himself (made himself look like a normal clown in Episode 40)
- Reflects an opponent's attack back.
- Ending Snipe: Emits electricity from both hands to electrocute his opponents.
- Final Spell: Generates a massive explosion wide enough to cover several city blocks
- Mask's Square: Inherited from Piedmon, creates a field in which all communications can be read by Apocalymon and allows it to teleport itself and its attacks anywhere at will. Apocalymon's Reality Warping is heavily strengthened in this realm and he has complete control over the realm. Masks Square also allows him to read his opponent's mind as well as listen to every conversation. He can also control his opponent's body, preventing them from even attacking.
- Trump Sword: Inherited from Piedmon, Apocalymon flings his four swords at his opponent to skewer them. When he gets serious he creates illusionary swords to distract foes from the real ones before teleporting them into the target directly.
- Toy Wonderness: Creates powerful gusts of wind with a swipe of his hand.
- Texture Blow: Forcefully turns the opponent into a sprite while nullifying their abilities.
- Destruction: A darkness based attack that has a chance of instantly killing the opponent.
- Symphony Crusher: Destroys the enemy from the inside out with super-high frequency vibrations.
- Stat Boost: In the video game adaptation Digimon Adventure PSP, he is able to drastically increase his Attack and Defense.
- Temporal Distortion: When he appears he de-synchronized the passage of time between the Real World and the Digital World. He can open portals between realities.
- Ice Arrow: Spews absolute zero breath from its mouth, instantly freezing water that it fires at the opponent.
- Thunder Javelin: Fires a powerful lightning strike from the blade on its calvaria.
- Maelstrom: Creates an electrified tornado. In Digimon Digital Card Battle, it generates a tsunami.
- Ice Reflector: Flails at the ice, generating an ice quake.
- Mega Ice Blast: A more powerful Ice Arrow.
- Mental Break: Weakens the power of Magic.
- Idle Bubble: A water technique that puts the foe to sleep.
- River of Power/Ultimate Stream: Fires an energy cannon from its snout.
- Chrono Breaker: Wears away its foe's bodies by stopping time. This has shown to world on 6-Dimensional Immeasurable beings.
- Poseidon's Divide: Summons up a tsunami and directs it at the foe.
- Dragon Fire (Booster Claw): Drills his right arm into the opponent.
- Catastrophe Day (Catastrophe D): Activates his self-destruct to create a large explosion.
- ∞ Hand: Launches a blast of energy from his hand.
- Dark Fire: Sends a ball of fire made from the flames abyss (Dark Area) at the opponent.