"Desert King" Sir Crocodile is the former president of the mysterious crime syndicate Baroque Works, formerly operating under the codename "Mr. 0", with Nico Robin, formerly known as "Miss All Sunday", operating as his Vice-President and partner. He was the primary antagonist of the Arabasta Arc, and the central antagonist of the Arabasta Saga.
He is one of the longest running primary adversaries of the series as well as the first enemy to hand Luffy a complete and utter defeat, not once but twice.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-B | At least 7-B, likely far higher
Name: Crocodile, Desert King, Mr 0
Origin: One Piece
Classification: Pirate, Shichibukai, Logia Devil Fruit User
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery (Type 0), Martial Arts (Type 2), Regeneration (Low-High in logia mode), Inorganic Physiology (Type 1 in logia mode), Intangibility (As a Logia Devil Fruit user, his Suna Suna no Mi makes him intangible to most conventional attacks, due to being a sand-man), Flight (Shown here), Sand Manipulation (Due to having ate the Sand Fruit, he can freely control sand), Absorption (Can suck up moistures from people, leaving their bodies in a state they cannot move from. Can grab someone with his right hand and desiccate it. Whilst gripping Luffy, he forcibly turned him into a desiccated near-corpse), Transmutation (Can turn the ground, rocks, statues, grass, clothes, etc., back into dust), Weapon Creation (Can create solid blades out of sand), Weather Manipulation (Can alter the weather by creating massive sandstorms), Poison Manipulation & Corrosion Inducement (His hook posseses a poison which can melt away even rocks), Resistance to Sand Manipulation, Heat Manipulation (Could endure being dipped into boiling water while processed for Impel Down)
Attack Potency: Small City level+ (Performed a sandstorm this strong. Can compress said sandstorms and use it to attack. Easily impaled Luffy) | At least City level, likely far higher (Comparable to Gear 2nd Luffy during marineford. Could contend with high tiers such as Doflamingo, and Admiral Akainu off panel for extended periods. Tanked an attack from Jozu)
Lifting Strength: Class G
Durability: Small City level+ | At least City level (Tanked an attack from Gear 2nd Luffy), likely far higher
Standard Equipment: His hook, which can be opened to reveal it is covered in deadly poison, there is a knife underneath the hook if it breaks off
Intelligence: Gifted (Was able to deduce that the Strawhat Pirates put on arm bands solely to counter Mr. 2's Copy-Copy Fruit and infiltration potential. Sir Crocodile first and foremost made himself enamored with the populace by setting up pirate attacks that he would wipe out before the King and his forces could, undermining trust in their ability and making people trust Crocodile inherently. Framed King Cobra of Alabasta as having used the forbidden substance Dance Powder to artificially give the capital rain whilst stealing the rain of other nearby cities, causing the city of Yuba's youth to start holding rebellious thoughts. Masterminded Baroque Works while keeping the World Government completely in the dark about what he was doing and making himself a hero in the eyes of the people)
Weaknesses: Can't turn intangible while in contact with liquids. He can only use his power to full extent in desert wastelands
Suna Suna no Mi (Sand-Sand Fruit): A Logia-type Devil Fruit, eaten by Crocodile, allowing him to become, generate and manipulate sand. It also allows the user to control quicksand, sandstorms and the absorption of liquids. This fruit allows Crocodile to sense anything that is moving through sand (he uses his power to sense underground rivers). Crocodile has shown to create sand blades that can slice through the ground, create sandstorms, quick sands, and cause dehydration by physical contact. In addition, Crocodile has shown to transform his arm into sand in order to extend his reach for his hook, as a long range capture and strike. He can also suck all the moisture out of any object, living or non-living, by placing his right hand on them. This ability allows him to utterly destroy his surroundings and killing all organic lifeforms via dehydration.
- Desert Spada (Treasured Sword of Desert): Crocodile forms his right hand into a loose blade of fast-moving sand and then stabs it into the ground, extending it along the ground like a torpedo, splitting anything in its path, including the very ground itself, through extreme and focused erosion, created by the sand blade.
- Desert la Spada (Adamant Treasure Sword of Desert): An altered version of Desert Spada. Crocodile now forms several solid blades with fan-shaped edges instead of one large blade made from sand.
- Desert Girasole (Desert Sunflower): Crocodile creates a loose sand blade from his right hand with Desert Spada. Like Desert Spada, He stabs it into the ground causing an area in front of him to collapse. However, a giant pit of quicksand will be formed instead, with the sand being taking away by underground rivers (which he can detect). Anything caught in the pit will be sucked in and buried alive. This attack can only be done in a desert terrain.
- Barchan (Crescent-Shaped Dune): Crocodile swings his right arm forward while leaving a crescent shaped trail of sand behind it. Anything hit by that trail is instantly robbed of all moisture because of Crocodile's dehydration ability.
- Desert Encierro (Desert Prison): Crocodile grabs someone with his right hand, then slowly or quickly drains the moisture from them with his dehydration ability. This leaves them in a withered and seemingly fleshless state.
- Sables (Sandstorm): Crocodile summons a massive tornado of sand and sends it on a rampage. Once this sandstorm grows large enough, not even he can stop it. He can also make a sandstorm that can suck the water out of living things and is apparently able to crack steel. Another usage is to send people flying with this technique. In deserts, it can cross the length of a small country and many of them in succession over a period of time can bury an entire city.
- Sables: Pesado (Sandstorm: Heavy): Crocodile gathers a swirling mass of extremely dense sand in his hand, then hurls it at his opponent, causing a massive shockwave upon impact.
- Ground Seco (Ground Drying): Crocodile places his hand on the ground and uses his dehydration ability to dry out a huge area around him, turning it into a desert wasteland. When he does this, it also can cause the area around him to crumble and cave in, causing unfortunate foes to fall to their death.
- Ground Death (Cycle of Erosion): An extremely strong version of Ground Secco. However, Crocodile not only dries up the ground but anything and everything on it including people and even buildings, all of which is transformed into sand if it has steady contact with the ground. The speed at which things dry also seemingly increases.
- Desert Grande Spada: (砂漠の大剣デザート・グランデ・エスパーダ Dezāto Gurande Esupāda?, literally translated as "Great Sword of the Desert") An enhanced version of Desert Spada. Unlike Desert Spada, that forms a long underground blade sand slicing everything its path, Desert Grande Spada is a rising sand blade that erupts from the ground to slice its target.
Key: Alabasta | Marineford