Dante is the main protagonist of DmC: Devil May Cry, the son of a demon named Sparda and an angel named Eva, Dante grew up in various institutions, orphanages, youth correction facilities, and foster homes within his childhood, but as these were mostly operated by demons, they often resulted in torture and violence against him.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-A, possibly far higher
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery (Type 1. Can use numerous types of weapons with high skill, including transformations of the Rebellion, alongside his pistols and Kablooey), Summoning and Transformation (Dante can summon Rebellion, which will be able to shapeshift into other weapons), Energy Projection (Seen here and here), Vibration Manipulation (Can fire shockwaves at his opponent. Notably, the Arbiter can create massive shockwaves and explosions), Chain Manipulation (Can summon a chain), Damage Boost and Aura (Seen here), Acrobatics, Flight and Limited Physics Manipulation (He can fly into the air, do acrobatic jumps, and stay in the air for longer), Danmaku (Can fire numerous projectiles), Size Manipulation (Can make his weapons larger through charging them up), Telekinesis (Can drag enemies toward him), Air Manipulation (Can create small tornadoes), Statistics Amplification (He can charge weapons for more damage. A primary example of this can be seen here), Fire Manipulation (Eryx can create fire around him), Paralysis Inducement (He can stagger enemies), Explosion Manipulation (Via explosive shots from Kablooey or Revenant), Homing Attack (Via Kablooey), Energy Manipulation (Can manipulate his own energy and put it in his weapons to amplify them or use a specific ability), Resistance to Spatial Manipulation (Can fight Vergil while he's using the Yamato, which can do this)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman (Capable of lifting large weapons such as Arbiter)
Durability: Small Building level
Stamina: Above Average (Can fight within prolonged combat)
Range: Standard melee range, extended melee range with melee-based weaponry, tens of meters, up to kilometers with ranged weaponry.
- Rebellion is Dante's main melee weapon in the DmC: Devil May Cry. It was given to Dante as a memento of his father, Sparda, so that he could protect himself from the demonic hordes that he battles. As Rebellion is connected to Dante's hybrid heritage, it also has the ability to shift into different weapons on the fly, allowing Dante to use multiple weapons, including:
- Ophion: Ophion is an alternate form of the Rebellion. Earned once Dante first journeys into his soul, Ophion is an extremely resourceful tool for both combat and exploration, and has both a Demonic and Angelic form.
- Aquila: Aquila is an Angelic weapon. They are a set of shuriken-like blades that emit energy waves during attacks, and greatly increases Dante's attack speed. Dante acquires them after defeating Bob Barbas.
- Osiris: Osiris is Dante's first angelic form for the Rebellion. It is a light, speedy scythe that is both powerful and reliable. It specializes in aerial attacks and its abilities are centered around giving Dante weightlessness and agility in order to move through the air and traverse the environment with ease.
- Arbiter: Arbiter is Dante's first demonic weapon and an alternate form of the Rebellion. A weapon of great heft, it crushes almost anything with its thunderous strikes.
- Eryx: Eryx is one of Dante's other demonic weapon and an alternate form of the Rebellion. They are a pair of magical gauntlets that provide Dante with sheer brute force and increase his already formidable strength. Dante awakens this weapon once he kills Succubus.
- Evony & Ivory: Ebony & Ivory are Dante's trademark pistols. While they lack strength, Dante's ability to pull the triggers with inhuman speed as well as his enhanced dexterity make them versatile weapons for any range and orientation.
- Revenant: Revenant is a shotgun and an alternative to Ebony & Ivory. It lacks the speed of Ebony & Ivory, but offers much more power and better crowd control options.
- Kablooey: Kablooey is a firearm which fires explosive charges that stick to its targets. In the human world, it looks like a simple taser.
Intelligence: Gifted (Shown to be exceptionally skilled with all of his weapon transformations and guns)
Weaknesses: None notable.