|“||I've already dealt with Kakyoin, Polnareff must be hiding somewhere, but it doesn't matter. You're the next, Jotaro!||„|
|~ DIO to Jotaro|
|“||Oh, you are approaching me? Instead of running away, you're coming downright to me?||„|
|~ DIO as Jotaro approaches him|
|“||Human ability is extremely limited and finite. Your Hamon training avails you nothing. It's USELESS, USELESS, USELESS, USELESS, USELESS, UUUSSSEELLLESSS!! A MERE MONKEY COULD NEVER DEFEAT A LION!!! And compared to my power JoJo, YOU'RE A MONKEY!!!||„|
|~ Dio's vampire cry|
|“||This is the greatest high!||„|
|~ DIO upon gaining Joseph's blood|
|“||Immortality! Eternal life! And STAND POWER! This proves that no one can surpass DIO! Puny humans! I shall rule you all! Bow before my knowledge and might!||„|
|“||The World, as it's name suggests, is to reign supreme over the entire world!||„|
|~ The World's battle cry|
|“||I understand that happiness cannot be obtained by having an invincible body or mountains of money, or even being the ruler of the human race. The true winner is the one who gets to see 'Heaven' ... I will get there, no matter how many things I must sacrifice.||„|
|~ DIO to Pucci|
|“||The first person you kissed wasn't JoJo! It was me, Dio!||„|
|~ Dio to Erina Pendleton|
Dio Brando is the main antagonist of the first and third part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and can be considered as the main antagonist of the series overral.
Dio was the son of Dario Brando, who helped George Joestar I by saving his life (Although he just helped because he saw that the carriage that George was in had some precious things such as the Stone Mask), later when Dario died, Dio was adopted by the Joestar family and became the brother of Jonathan Joestar. however, what Dio truly wanted was the Joestar fortune, so that he could take it on his own. he started by making Jonathan's life hell to him (Bullied him, putted his finger into his eye, killed his dog and forcefully kissed his girlfriend). Dio, years later, discovered about the Stone Mask's secret after testing on some random guy. later at the Joestar Mansion, Dio was about to be taken to prison due to his crimes, until he pulled out the Stone Mask and rejected humanity, stabbing through George Joestar and the blood came into the mask, making Dio a immortal vampire. Dio would then fight Jonathan many times, until Jonathan takes Dio down with him on a cruise ship.
However, 100 years later, DIO would wake once again thanks by nearby sailors discovering his coffin. DIO then pierced himself with a Stand Arrow, gaining his stand, The World, whose ability is that of stopping time to his own will. Due to DIO's awakening, Holly Kujo and other Joestars also gained a stand, with the former becoming sick with the risk of death due to not able to control her own stand. thus, Joseph Joestar and Jotaro's group, have to go to Egypt to fight and kill DIO once and for all.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-A | 8-A, 8-A with the World | 8-A, 8-A with the World
Name: Dio Brando, DIO
Origin: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Age: 20-21 years old | 122-123 years old
Classification: Human, Vampire, Stand User
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Absorption, Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Regeneration (High-Mid; As a vampire, Dio is comparable to the likes of Vampire Straizo, who is able to regenerate from being blown into pieces by Grenades. Can put his body back up after being bisected by Jonathan's sword), capable of draining the heat and thus freeze the flesh of his opponent, Body Control, Resurrection and Necromancy (Can revive the dead so that they can fight for Dio), Minor Elasticity (Can extend his veins), Water Manipulation, Biological Manipulation (Capable of fusing bodies of other living beings to create chimeras and is capable of transforming others into loyal zombies by inserting his vampiric essence into them), Mind Control (As seen where he hypnotized Poco and controlled Jack the Ripper by just looking at him), Resistance to Pain Manipulation (Can take attacks which could've caused heavy pain on normal beings), Enhanced Senses, Genius Intelligence, Immortality (Types 1, 2, 3 and 6; Can live as a head and was going to take Jonathan's body to live longer)
All previous abilities, plus Extrasensory Perception (Capable of seeing ghosts and souls among some other supernatural forces that are normally otherwise invisible), Flight, Acrobatics (Can make big jumps with flips and mobilize in the air), Social Influencing (His presence and dialogues could generate rather abnormal reactions on others who he related to or just met, ultimately inducing things such as massive fear of him, loyalty or appreciation), Immortality (Types 1, 2, 3 and 6; Survived as just a severed head after being left incapable of healing properly thanks to Hamon, and was able to steal Jonathan's body in this state), Self-Sustenance (Type 1, survived at the bottom of the ocean locked in a coffin for approximately 100 years), Regeneration (Mid; Due to Jonathan's body rejecting him his regeneration has weakened; Still capable of regenerating from a hole in his head), Telepathy ([Spoke to Enrico Pucci despite not physically being present), Mind Manipulation (Can create flesh buds capable of implanting themselves inside a persons brain, forcing them to obey his commands), Fear Inducing Aura (Besides the usual Stand Aura, DIO can emit an aura that causes those around him to get chills, become on edge and in some cases, stricken with a nauseating and crippling fear), Summoning (Of his Stands), likely Non-Physical Interaction (Could interact with Stands on multiple occasions) and Pain Resistance (Usually incapable of feeling pain from anything but the most damaging of attacks to the head). Jonathan's stand has Elasticity, Stand Physiology, Clairvoyance, Technology Manipulation, Mind Reading & Telepathy, limited Resistance to Time Stop (Can move within his stopped time)
Attack Potency: Multi-City Block level (Immensely superior to the likes ofv Jack the Ripper and Tarkus, wthe latter which can do this. Stated to be over five times the strength of Pre-Deep Pass Jonathan and Will Anthonio Zeppeli. After drinking the blood of multiple innocents, he furthered his own power massively, becoming way stronger than before. Should be comparable to his Part 3 version), his freezing can ignore durability | Multi-City Block level (Weaker than before to a unknown degree due to Jonathan's body rejecting him. however, he was able to Casually reflect the Emerald Splash. Araki himself also stated that DIO is one of the most powerful characters in all of JoJo), Multi-City Block level with The World (Claimed to be stronger than the likes of Star Platinum, although that being not really the case, regardless, The World and Star Platinum were shown to be completely equal to each other, with The World also being stronger than an initial Star Platinum. Immensly stronger than other short ranged type stands such as Killer Queen and Stone Free. Also superior to the likes of Sheer Heart Attack and Red Hot Chili Pepper. DIO also claimed it was the strongest stand, making him stronger than the likes of Whitesnake and the rest of his minions) | Multi-City Block level (After drinking Joseph's blood, DIO felt the greatest high he has ever been in power), Multi-City Block level with the World (Overpowered Star Platinum)
Speed: Hypersonic+ (Comparable to Jonathan who can dodge his Space Ripper Stingy Eyes, which are similar in function to the likes of Water Jets, which can reach Mach 3) | Hypersonic+ (Comparable to before) with Massively FTL+ combat speed and reactions (Reflected attacks from Hierophant Green. Managed to stop time while being attacked by Silver Chariot and reacted and tried to stop time while Star Platinum was going to land a blow on him), Massively FTL+ with the World (The World is capable of outspeeding Star Platinum, shown to be capable of fighting equally with Star Platinum and reacting to many of it's attacks, with DIO saying that Star Platinum was too slow in comparasion to The World) | Hypersonic+ with Massively FTL+ Combat Speed and Reactions (Far superior to before), Massively FTL+ with The World (Faster than an enraged Star Platinum)
Lifting Strength: Class M (Superior to Tarkus) | Class M (Comparable to before), Class M with the World (Is on par with Star Platinum)
Durability: Multi-City Block level | Multi-City Block level (Only took minor damage from the Emerald Splash), Multi-City Block level with the World | Multi-City Block level, Multi-City Block level with the World
Stamina: Extremely High (Vampires are very rarely to get tired out, and they can fight for entire hours without taking a sweat) | Extremely High | Extremely High
Range: Standard melee range, much further with Space Ripper Stingy Eyes | Standard melee range, several meters with The World (Its maximum range is 10 meters, though it weakens the further it strays from DIO), much further with Space Ripper Stingy Eyes and throwing knives, Universal with Time Stop
Standard Equipment: None notable | The World and a number of knives, a Road Roller
Intelligence: Genius. Though he may be arrogant and full of himself, Dio is a cunning, pragmatic opponent who is willing to do anything necessary to succeed in a fight, no matter how underhanded he has to be. He experiments with his powers, not just his vampiric ones but the limits of his Stand, pushing himself further and further in search of strength, which he uses to brutal effect in fights. With The World, DIO does not pull any punches, moving to finish fights as quickly as possible by stopping time and unleashing a lethal strike, though he can be goaded into actually fighting against an opponent. When fighting against Jotaro, DIO utilized everything at his disposal to defeat him, throwing knives at him from a safe distance to test the limits of his ability to move in stopped time before cautiously making sure he was dead. Even then, DIO's next move was to decapitate him anyway, just to be safe.
Weaknesses: Dio is very overconfident, and as a vampire, he will be disintegrated by sunlight and is vulnerable to light-based attacks (Of the Ultra Violet variety or those mimicking the sun or sunlight), which circumvent his regeneration | Same as before. Because Jonathan's body is rejecting him, his strength has diminished and he cannot use his vampiric powers to the same extent. Any damage dealt to The World will be reflected onto DIO, and the Stand weakens the further it moves from him to a limit of 10 meters away. Someone else with the ability to stop time may be able to think and move during The World's stopped time | Due to his new peak of power, DIO has become even more arrogant and psychotic in general temporarily.
- Vampiric Physiology: Through the Stone Mask, Dio transformed himself into a vampire, a strange process of acupuncture tapping into his brain and awakening his body's full potential. As a vampire, he has superhuman strength, vastly heightened senses, and the ability to control his body in a number of ways. With Jonathan's body, DIO does not have access to his full range of vampiric capabilities, as his brother's body is rejecting him. It is only by claiming the blood of another Joestar that he takes complete control once more, becoming stronger than he's ever been.
- Flesh Buds: DIO can spawn these buds from his cells and implant them into the bodies of others to control them. They do so by connecting to his brain, and if removed, the flesh bud will violently lash out with tentacles, seeking to kill its host and whoever is trying to remove it. This makes it impossible for even the greatest surgeons in the world to do so, but, due to its incredible precision, Star Platinum was able to safely extract Kakyoin and Polnareff's.
- Fusion: Dio's control over biology allows him to fuse the bodies of others to make grotesque chimeric creatures, and he can also use this ability to integrate his own flesh into those of others, allowing him to take control of Jonathan's body after his death.
- Necromancy: A vampire can utilize their abilities to transform the living and the dead into monstrous zombies. By the time of Stardust Crusaders, DIO's ability in this area has grown to the point that he can even transform others into vampires, doing so to resurrect Vanilla Ice after he decapitated himself for his sake.
- Regeneration: A vampire can regenerate from lethal wounds, with Dio putting the two halves of his body back together after being cut in half by Jonathan, and Straizo reconnecting the many chunks of his body with tentacles after being blown apart by Joseph's grenades. However, Dio can be killed if his brain is completely destroyed.
- Space Ripper Stingy Eyes: Dio can fire highly pressurized jets of water from his eyes with enough force to punch through stone.
- Vaporization Freezing Technique: By cooling down his own body to the point that it drops below zero, Dio can make it so that he can freeze others with a touch, with the process of freezing an entire body taking only two seconds. His victims can then be easily shattered by his immense strength, making any physical contact a dangerous proposition. He can even use this to cool his own blood and stop its flow to inhibit Hamon, making it ineffective.
|“||THE WORLD! Time will stop!||„|
|~ DIO using his time stop|
- The World: The World is DIO's Stand, a powerful close-range humanoid Stand. Muscular and incredibly powerful, it has the speed and strength to overpower Silver Chariot and match Star Platinum, which is the same kind of Stand and shares its powers. As a result, The World can likely duplicate many of Star Platinum's own abilities. It even has the same precision capabilities.
- Time Stop: The World's power, which allows DIO to stop time, making it so that only itself and DIO can move for the duration of the ability, though someone with a similar power may be able to think and move. Initially, The World could only stop time for an instant, but due to DIO's immortality and superior physiology, the maximum duration of his time stop grows continuously, both as he heals and as he uses it. By the time of his battle with Jotaro, The World could stop time for a maximum of five seconds, and after he drank Joseph's blood and seized complete control of his body, it increased to nine seconds. Had he not died, it is implied that it would have continued to grow in duration.
- Jonathan's Stand: After being stabbed by the arrow, both DIO and what remained of Jonathan's body developed their own Stands. While DIO developed The World, Jonathan's body developed its own Stand similar to Joseph's Hermit Purple, taking the form of a cluster of purple vines.
- Spirit Photography: With this unnamed Stand, DIO can create a psychic image of a target by striking a camera. Unlike Hermit Purple doing so does not destroy the camera, making DIO's ability apparently superior. Just like Joseph, he can likely use it in a number of combat applicable ways, though this is never demonstrated
Key: Dio Brando | DIO | High DIO