|“||DIE THE DEATH! SENTENCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!||„|
|~ Dlanor A. Knox|
Dlanor A. Knox is a character in Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. She is the Head Inquisitor of Heresy of the Eiserne Jungfrau and enforces the commandments of Knox's Decalogue.
She firsts meets Battler and Beatrice on the game board as she tries to cut off the methods of escape for Piece Beatrice and Kinzo, though Battler proves how Kinzo could have left the room and defeats her in a battle. From then forwards, she proceeds to act as a rival to Battler throughout the fifth and sixth games, challenging his theories and engaging in battles with him on multiple occasions.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-C, Low 1-C in the Higher Order World | 1-A
Dimensionality: 3-D, 6-D in the Higher Order World | Inapplicable
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Flight, Abstract Existence (Type 1; a personification of Knox's Laws), Non-Corporeal, Non-Physical Interaction, Immortality (Types 1 and 2), Summoning (Can summon the Eiserne Jungfrau), Dimensional Travel (Can travel to higher layers), Forcefield Creation, Teleportation, Red and Blue Truths
All previous abilities to greater extents, Non-Corporeal, Abstract Existence (Type 1), Magic, Reality Warping, Resurrection, Beyond-Dimensional Existence (Type 2), Transduality (Type 2. Completely transcendent of all concepts of the Human Domain, including all of its dualities), Avatar Creation, Dimensional Manipulation (Type 2; Can manipulate Kakera, which contain infinite possibilities and higher dimensions), Shapeshifting, Teleportation, Reactive Evolution and Adaptation (All of the higher layers exist on the background of the Sea of Nothingness, and the beings of the higher layers may exists directly within this sea, and they adapt to the pressure due to mental and spiritual evolution), Self-Sustenance (1, 2 and 3), Acausality (Type 5), Large Size (Type 11), Immortality (Types 1, 3, 4, 5, and 8 [Reliant on either Beatrice, Battler Ushiromiya, or Ange Ushiromiya]), Regeneration (High-Godly; Even if the entirety of her existence is completely erased and lost to the Sea of Nothingness beyond all layers and stories, she can regain her form just by thinking), Time Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Cosmic Awareness, Fate Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Fusionism, Plot Manipulation, Probability Manipulation (Kakeras are like books and works of fiction to beings of the Higher Worlds, and by using them to create worlds, the world's events and fate is set in stone. Much stronger than beings who can manipulate the fate, plots, possibilities and space-time of Kakera), Quantum Manipulation (Can manipulate the quantum mechanics of the Human Domain), Law Manipulation (Beings of Higher Worlds can impose rules within their Gameboards, such as Beatrice creating the Anti Magic Toxin rule), Void Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1), Mind Manipulation, and Soul Manipulation (Can manipulate the voids of nothingness of Kakera, as well as it's conceptual, mental and spiritual realms. Lives in the Higher World, where the concepts of fate and possibilities are vizualized in the form of Kakera, which she can manipulate), Nonexistent Physiology (Type 2; Their essence beyond the physical form is a void that only takes shape when they think about it), Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, and Void Manipulation
Attack Potency: Building level (Superior to The Seven Stakes of Purgatory and struck down many Theory Goats alongside Willard H. Wright), Low Macroverse level (Manifested in a higher order world on Beatrice's game board above the normal physical world, which is stated to include 5-dimensional space and a realm existing further beyond. Is capable of striking down Beatrice with her wedges) | Ascendent level (Exists in the Witch Domain, a higher realm of existence from which the entire Human Domain is regarded as fiction and its inhabitants are seen as pieces laid on a chessboard, their fates and lives merely small fragments which can be manipulated and physically interacted with even by normal humans inhabiting this perspective. This includes structures such as higher dimensions, hierarchies of stories, dreams, and daydreams, and the Underside of the Chessboard, a void of nothingness completely beyond space and time which resides in an unreachable "nowhere" in relation to the entire world of the pieces. Killed multiple Theory Goats in the Golden Land. Manifested in the City of Books which contains infinite universes and gameboards, to which Umineko is just simply one of them)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman, Immeasurable in the Higher Order World | Irrelevant (Exists in a higher domain where the concepts of size and mass are irrelevant, with entire worlds which themselves contain higher-dimensional structures being just fiction contained in small fragments to him, and the Human Domain as a whole nothing but a chessboard)
Durability: Building Class, Low Macroverse level in the Higher Order World | Ascendent level, Ascendent level as part of Ange's world (Her existence is sustained by Ange and ensured by her golden truth, thus being completely invulnerable to even attacks coming from the likes of Bernkastel, who failed to kill her despite repeated attempts to deny her existence with the Red Truth)
Stamina: Infinite (Does not physically tire) | Inexhaustible (In the meta-world, physical stamina is irrelevant)
Range: Low Macroversal | Ascendental
Standard Equipment: The Red Key, The Blue Key, Gertrude, and Cornelia
Intelligence: Dlanor is incredibly smart, comparable to Battler and Beatrice in terms of intelligence. She manages to take the position of Head Inquisitor of Heresy at a very young age, and has held back many Theory Goats using Beato's mysteries as aid.
Weaknesses: Her thinking is inflexible and can be taken advantage of | If Ange Ushiromiya dies, she will disappear
- Truths: Special moves utilized in debates between Witches and Humans taking place in the Meta-World, being statements denoted by specific colors which often manifest as conceptual weapons that directly target the enemy's very existence in an attempt to deny it, and are thus impossible to physically avoid, forcing opponents to counter the attacker's arguments with another truth. As the damage dealt by the Truths is conceptual, rather than strictly physical, they completely bypass conventional durability and allow the user to skewer and even kill opponents much more powerful than themselves
- Red Truth: Irrefutable, objective truth that needs no evidence or proof to demonstrate its validity. In essence, the Red Truth takes an unobserved possibility existing alongside infinitely many and asserts it as the ultimate truth, being capable of completely denying an opponent's existence, body and soul, and sending them to the depths of oblivion without hope of recovery. However, it is impossible to lie (Essentially trying to deny the validity of a wave function that has already been collapsed) using this technique, and one can find gaps, semantic loopholes and different interpretations even in statements spoken in red, potentially allowing them to counterattack with an argument of their own, though the Red Truth itself remains unrefuted.
- Blue Truth: A theoretical scenario made with the purpose of directly denying the enemy's arguments and existence, whose true validity is unclear but nonetheless takes precedence over any statements spoken in basic white text, while being inferior to the Red Truth. It normally assumes the form of several stakes which skewer and impale opponents, damaging them on a conceptual level and being impossible to remove unless their falsehood is directly declared with the Red Truth; otherwise, that which is spoken in blue will be asserted as the truth and grant victory to the attacker, while erasing their opponent's concept entirely.
- The Red Key: A weapon for emergencies used by official Inquisitors of Heresy belonging to Eiserne Jungfrau. Dlanor's primary weapon. Unlike a normal weapon, whose purpose is to cause physical damage, this special tool is known as a conceptual weapon, and it is used to deny the existence of concepts. Defense is Impossible, evasion is impossible, buying time is impossible. The ultimate conceptual weapon is the embodiment of these three impossibilities. A strict investigation by the Great Court of Heaven is required for the use of the Red Key.Because of this, the very act of dispatching Dlanor, who arms herself with it, is equivalent to a death sentence.
- The Blue Key: The primary weapon used by the official Inquisitors of Heresy belonging to Eiserne Jungfrau. Like the Red Key, it is a conceptual weapon, but instead of denying the existence of concepts, it is used to create self-doubt and forces others to deny themselves. For this reason, it is called the Blue Key of Reflection, in contrast with the Red Key of Judgement.
- The Knox Decalogue: The Decalogue represents rules that can be enforced by Dlanor. If there is a violation in one of these rules at the opponent's theory, Dlanor can invoke one of them to conceptually attack the opponent:
- Knox's 1st:It is forbidden for the culprit to be anyone not mentioned in the early part of the story.
- Knox's 2nd:It is forbidden for supernatural agencies to be employed as a detective technique.
- Knox's 3rd:It is forbidden for hidden passages to exist.
- Knox's 4th:It is forbidden for unknown drugs or hard to understand scientific devices to be used.
- Knox's 5th: Unknown
- Knox's 6th:It is forbidden for accident or intuition to be employed as a detective technique.
- Knox's 7th:It is forbidden for the detective to be the culprit.
- Knox's 8th:It is forbidden for the case to be resolved with clues that are not presented.
- Knox's 9thIt is permitted for observers to let their own conclusions and explanations be heard.
- Knox's 10thIt is forbidden for a character to disguise themselves as another without any clues.
Key: Piece Dlanor | Witch Domain (Meta-World/Golden Land/Cathedral/City of Books)