|“||If I can't save one little girl right in front of me... Then how can I ever hope to be a hero who saves everyone?!||„|
|~ Deku to Overhaul|
|“||Maybe I was ignorant... but I'm starting to see things clearly. It's not all black-and-white. Most things in this world are shades of gray. A blend of fear and anger. Which is exactly why... I've gotta extend a helping hand!||„|
|~ Deku to Lady Nagant|
Izuku Midoriya (緑みどり谷や出いず久く Midoriya Izuku), also known as Deku (デク Deku), is the main and primary protagonist of the My Hero Academia manga and anime series.
Even though Izuku was born Quirkless, he manages to catch the attention of the legendary hero All Might due to his innate heroism and a strong sense of justice, and has since become his close pupil, as well as a student in Class 1-A at U.A. High School. All Might passed on his transferable Quirk to Izuku, making him the ninth holder of One For All. Now on his path to becoming the greatest hero, Deku battles nefarious villains, endless schoolwork, and his inner demons to become a worthy successor to the Symbol of Peace.
Following the Paranormal Liberation War, with Tomura Shigaraki and All For One actively targeting Izuku for his Quirk, he decided to leave U.A. before finishing his first year to keep his classmates out of harm's way. He is still continuing to fight villains.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-B, High 8-C with 5% and 8%, 7-A with 100% | At least 9-B. High 8-C with 5% and 8%, 8-A with 20%, 7-A with 100% | At least 9-B, 8-A with 30%, 7-A with 45%. At least 7-A with 100% and Fa Jin
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Statistics Amplification (One for All immensely boosts his strength, durability and speed), Shockwave Creation (The sheer force of his attacks are capable of creating shockwaves), Acrobatics (Shown here), Pain Tolerance (Type 2), Power Bestowal (The wielder of One For All can pass down his power to other people of their choice), Limited Reactive Evolution & Accelerated Development (Quirk users have been shown to evolve or increase the strength of their quirk when in a life or death situation), Resistance to Power Absorption (One For All is incapable of being forcibly stolen unless the wielder is willing to give it. Shigaraki was unable to forcibly steal it with All For One) and Mind Manipulation (Managed to break out of Shinso's mind control)
All previous abilities, plus Analytical Prediction, Pseudo-Flight (Can propel himself into the air with Air Force attacks), Air Manipulation (Can create and throw blasts of wind at the enemy), Energy Manipulation (With Blackwhip he can create black tendrils of energy which he can use to attack pull things toward him, or draw himself toward something else. Can restrain targets and throw them away)
All previous abilities, plus Martial Arts (Type 4), Flight (Float allows him to float in the air, essentially allowing him to fly), Enhanced Senses & Extrasensory Perception (Danger Sense alerts Deku of potential incoming threats, allowing him to react to it like a sixth sense. Sensed that Muscular was coming out of a smokescreen and read his moves better. Can predict incoming attacks even from blind spots. Can sense hostility and bloodlust), Smoke Manipulation (Can expel smoke from his body, which he uses to hide from foes and cover his tracks), Kinetic Energy Manipulation (With Fa Jin he can build up motion-based energy for temporary storage and release, which he can charge up to 100% and use it without suffering drawbacks)
Attack Potency: Wall level+ (Sliced a victory bot in half, which are this strong), Large Building level+ with 5% and 8% (Shattered Wolfram's steel beams with a kick. Capable of fighting against Bakugou and briefly overpowered him, whose explosions could cause this much damage), Mountain level+ with 100% (Dispersed a storm with this much power) | At least Wall level+ (Stronger than before), Large Building level+ with 5% and 8%, Multi-City Block level with 20% (His St. Louis Smash could create a shockwave this strong), Mountain level+ with 100% (Stronger than before) | At least Wall level+ (Much stronger than before). At least Multi-City Block level with 30% (Capable of using Full Cowling at 30%, which should be naturally stronger than his 20%), Mountain level+ with 45% (Physically stronger than AFO Shigaraki, who is as strong and sturdy as both All Might and USJ Nomu). At least Mountain level+ with 100% (Much stronger than his 45%; Capable of completely overwhelming and damaging Shigaraki beyond even his capability to heal), higher with Fa Jin (Can build up motion-based energy for temporary storage and release, which he can add up to 100% without breaking his bones)
Speed: Athletic Human (Can run 50 meters in 7 seconds), Supersonic with 5% (Capable of dodging bullets at these speeds), higher with 8% (Much faster than before), Hypersonic+, at least High Hypersonic (Could throw a softball at these speeds), likely Massively Hypersonic with 100% (Seemingly comparable to a Wounded All Might, who is this fast) | Supersonic (Saved Uravity before Shinso's attack could reach her), higher with 5% and 8%. Hypersonic+, Massively Hypersonic with 100% (Faster than before. Launched himself out of a building before his resulting shockwave could reach Overhaul's spikes) | Supersonic, higher with 30%. Massively Hypersonic with 45% (Outpaced AFO Shigaraki, who is as fast as All Might. Could catch and dodge Lady Nagant's bullets), Massively Hypersonic with 45% and Fa Jin (Capable of outspeeding Lady Nagant's bullet before it could reach Chisaki). At least Massively Hypersonic with 100% (Should be much faster than in his previous state), higher with Fa Jin
Lifting Strength: Peak Human (Capable of carrying All Might on his back, who weighs 255 kg), Class 50 with 5% (Capable of performing this much force while jumping), higher with 8%, Class K with 100% (Should be superior to his 20% form, which could crush a rock with this much force) | Peak Human, Class 50 with 5% and 8%, Class K with 20% (Could crush a rock with this much force), At least Class K with 100% (Stronger than his 20% mode) | Peak Human, Class K with 30%, Class T with 45% (Comparable to All Might), At least Class T with 100%
Durability: Wall level+, Large Building level+ with 5% and 8%, Mountain level+ with 100% | Building level, Large Building level+ with 5% and 8%, Multi-City Block level with 20%, Mountain level+ with 100% | Wall level+, Multi-City Block level with 30%, Mountain level+ with 45%. At least Mountain level+ with 100%, higher with Fa Jin
Stamina: Very high (Capable of fighting while enduring the pain of his bones being shattered. He was capable of thinking coherently with a broken arm and two broken legs while falling at terminal velocity after striking down an Executor Bot and able to endure the agonizing pain of using his maximum output of One For All many times while receiving a beating from Muscular. Even after being stabbed in the arm and legs he managed to keep fighting. Capable of enduring the pain of re-breaking his fingers with 100% strikes, and clenching a fist with a completely broken hand)
Range: Standard melee range physically. Up to kilometers with shockwaves | Same as before, dozens of meters with Blackwhip | Same as before, hundreds of meters with smokescreen
- Costume Gamma: Following Izuku's decision to change his primary combat technique to Shoot Style, Mei upgrades his second costume. New additions consist of improved arm bracers that span the length of Izuku's arms in order to prevent further damage to them and iron soles to increase his kicking power.
- Iron Soles: Created by Mei, these Iron Armor Soles attach to Izuku's signature red shoes. Upon kicking something, the soles absorb the impact and redistribute the kinetic energy back out to increase the impact strength of Izuku's kicks. Izuku requested the soles to strengthen his kicks after resolving to change his fighting style.
- Air Force Gloves: Created by Mei, these gloves allow Izuku to focus and aim bursts of pressurized air that he creates by flicking his fingers. This allows Izuku to use long-range projectile attacks using One For All.
- Mid-Gauntlet: Presumably created by Melissa after the Paranormal Liberation War, similar to Full Gauntlet allows Izuku to use One For All's power in higher percentages without the worry of harming his body, though will break if used at 100%.
Intelligence: Gifted (Deku is excelled at making split-second decisions and analyzing/predicting his enemies' moves. Capable of quickly locating the weaknesses of the opponent he is facing. Could figure out how to use his quirk in a more effective manner within minutes of thinking; Managed to set up a strategy on the fly against Lady Nagant by combining multiples quirks in quick succession under the right time. Could determine Stain's location in a large city based on the latter's previous murders. Capable of reading his opponents' moves and countering accordingly. Tracked Stain's movements and exploited his blind spot. Capable of quickly discerning when someone is impersonating his friends. Managed to create a plan to rescue Bakugou from All For One without breaking any laws)
Weaknesses: Using One For All at 100% will break his limbs | Same as before; Creating too many tendrils with Blackwhip decreases his control over the Quirk. It can go out of control if Deku doesn't keep his emotions in check. | Same as before, but now can use 100% without breaking his bones with Fa Jin. Using all the Quirks in quick succession slows down his parallel processes.
One For All: Transferred to him from Toshinori Yagi, Izuku's Quirk allows him to stockpile an enormous amount of raw power, allowing him to significantly enhance all of his physical abilities to a superhuman level. This results in unbelievable levels of strength, speed, stamina, agility, and durability.
- Detroit Smash: Deku performs a straight punch while charging OFA up to 100%. This attack is a simple punch focusing One For All's stockpiling power into the fist. It was powerful enough to smash through every floor of a multi-story building and bust a hole in the roof while generating such intense air pressure that it shifted debris on the top floor and destroyed several of its supporting pillars.
- Delaware Smash: Izuku flicks his finger to create a powerful wind pressure shock wave with enough power to form a fissure in a lake capable of dragging dozens of villains towards its center, making them unable to escape. It was later used against Shoto to break through his giant waves of ice during the Sports Festival.
- Texas Smash: Izuku throws a punch in order to create wind pressure in order to blow objects and people away.
- Manchester Smash: While using 20% of One For All, Izuku leaps into the air and flips forward to bring down an axe kick upon his opponent.
- Wyoming Smash: Izuku draws out 100% of his power into his arms, then proceeds to spike his opponent on the head, creating a powerful shockwave as a result.
- St. Louis Smash: Izuku draws out 45 percent of his power. He then arches his leg back and performs a strong vertical roundhouse kick, firing a large blast of compressed air.
Through his training with Gran Torino, Izuku was able to unlock this stage of his power and get better control of his Quirk. This technique allows Izuku to utilize a percentage of the full power of One For All throughout his body, by letting the power course and flow through him instead of concentrating it in one location.
- One For All: Full Cowl - 5%: Deku's first state of Full Cowl, developed with the help of Gran Torino, this power-up gives Deku enhanced superhuman strength, as well as a higher level of agility and mobility that allows him to jump between buildings with ease. With this small percentage of One For All, Deku can break through steel walls and dodge even bullets.
- One For All: Full Cowl - 8%: A level of One For All greater than 5%, this increase in all his stats allowed Deku to surpass Dynamight's power and speed during their second battle. This boost in strength already makes Deku one of the strongest students in his school.
- One For All: Full Cowl - 20%: First shown during his fight against Overhaul, Deku overcomes his limits at the time and uses 20% of One For All's full strength, distributing it throughout his body and giving him a massive increase in power, enough to be able to create shock waves hundreds of meters long. As time went on, Deku was increasingly able to use 20% without needing to push himself too far.
- One For All: Full Cowl - 30%: A technique that allows Deku to consistently use 30% of One For All without any drawbacks, obtaining a strength superior to all previous percentages. He used this level of One For All near the end of his first year of high school, during the war with the Paranormal Liberation Front. He initially used 30% and 45% until he was capable of using the latter percentage normally.
- One For All: Full Cowl - 45%: After his arduous training with All Might and Endeavor, and his brutal battle with Shigaraki, Deku manages to raise his output of One For All to 45% throughout his whole body, increasing the amount of power at his disposal to a much greater extent than ever before. This is Deku's current magnitude of Full Cowl. Still, he can temporarily break this limit using other Quirks such as Fa Jin.
- One For All: Full Cowl - 100%: Deku activates One For All to its fullest extent through his body, granting him a tremendous boost in strength and speed, which allowed him to overpower Overhaul in his final form. He was able to use this ability in his battle against Nine without needing the help of Eri's Quirk.
- One For All: Full Cowl - Shoot Style: While using One For All: Full Cowl, Izuku uses a fighting style that focuses more on kicking. Izuku concentrates One for All: Full Cowl's effects in his torso and legs rather than his arms, allowing him to put out even more power due to the fact that the human leg muscles are naturally stronger than the human arm muscles.
The stockpiling power of One For All has reached a point where the eight previous bearers of One For All, despite being long dead or no longer having the Quirk, can interact not only with the current bearer but with each other as well. This allows Deku to speak freely with his predecessors, gaining their knowledge even amid battle. The vestiges also provide him with resistance to mind-altering effects, as their combined wills work alongside his own.
- Blackwhip: The Quirk of the fifth user, Daigoro Banjo. This Quirk allows Izuku to generate tendrils of black energy from his body that are good for grappling. It is useful for grabbing things from long distances, as well as increasing Izuku's mobility.
- Froppy Style: Izuku shoots a Blackwhip tendril out of his mouth instead of his arms like he usually would. During the Paranormal Liberation War, Izuku used this move when both of his arms were broken.
- Pinpoint Focus: Izuku quickly shoots a tendril from his arm while focusing on a specific point as a means of attacking the target.
- Float: The Quirk of the seventh user, Nana Shimura. This Quirk allows Izuku to suspend himself and float in mid-air.
- Danger Sense: The Quirk of the fourth user, Hikage Shinomori. This Quirk allows Deku to detect an imminent danger in his vicinity and has grown far stronger since the time of its original user due to the stockpiling power of One For All. By warning him with what Deku describes as a hard stabbing sensation in his head, he can dodge attacks or be alerted to threats before they could even happen.
- Smokescreen: The Quirk of the sixth user, En. This Quirk allows Izuku to generate a thick cloud of smoke. This smoke can cover a very wide area and obscure peoples' vision.
- Fa Jin: The Quirk of the third user. This Quirk allows Izuku to build up and store kinetic energy as he moves. He can later release this stored energy as an explosive burst of speed and power as great as his 100% state but without suffering drawbacks.
Keys: U.A Beginnings | Joint Training Arc | Villain Hunt Arc