|“||OK... Let's dance!||„|
|~ Jetstream Sam before initiating combat|
|“||Is your cause just, or is that just what you tell yourself?||„|
|~ Jetstream Sam to Raiden|
|“||What's your game, Armstrong? Gonna talk me to death?||„|
|~ Jetstream Sam to Senator Armstrong|
Samuel Rodrigues was a cyborg swordsman involved with the Desperado PMC group who fought Raiden in 2018. He was a master swordsman of the "Rodrigues New Shadow School" technique, which had derived from the "Yagyū Shinkage-ryū" of Japan. His codename was Minuano, named after the cold Brazilian wind, and was also nicknamed "Jetstream Sam". Following his loss to Senator Armstrong in combat, Sam joined up with him, and later goes onto fight Raiden.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 7-C
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Martial Arts (Type 1 [Weapon Mastery] and Type 3 [Martial Arts], Jetstream Sam is an extremely skilled fighter, with his main fighting style, the "Rodrigues New Shadow School" technique, being something he was a master at already, and can consistently keep up with Raiden, even when the latter was able to become stronger than Sam, along with Senator Armstrong, even when defeated by him due to Sam's arrogance), Cyborgization (Partial, Jetstream Sam has multiple cybernetic and exoskeletal enhancements, and a cybernetic arm once it was cut off), Durability Negation, (Jetstream Sam has a HF Blade, which cut via vibrating at an extreme speed, disrupting atoms), Absorption (Jetstream Sam is able to absorb energy in order to amplify himself. His sword can absorb sparks it creates, which, unlike metals, will allow it to absorb said sparks and catch on fire), Smoke Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation (Has access to these), Technology Manipulation, Electro-Magnetic Manipulation (The Electromagnetic Grenade does as it describes, using electromagnetism to disrupt technology and impair them), Healing (He is able to "heal" himself through the use of "Repair Nanopaste Substance"), Resistance to Pain (Was mostly unaffected by his arm being cut off and laughed it off, and shrugged off Raiden causing a large wound in his chest, and presumably has pain inhibitors)
Speed: Sub-Relativistic (He can keep up with Raiden), higher with Blade Mode (Comparable to Raiden's, which give a 2x boost to his speed), far higher with Quick Draw (Through this, Jestream Sam could blitz Senator Armstrong, moving fast enough to the point that not even his nanomachines could block the attack, something that's viewed as nigh-instant by Raiden)
Lifting Strength: Class G (Should be comparable to Raiden in this regard)
Range: Extended melee range, hundreds of meters with ranged techs and Vacuum Slashes.
- High-Frequency Murasama: A samurai sword dating back to the 16th century passed down the Rodrigues' family line for generations, which was later upgraded with High-Frequency technology on Sam's request. Due to the already impressive quality of the original weapon, the Murasama boasts durability and cutting power far beyond that of standard HF blades.
- Jam Grenade: An electronic attack device that deploys countless metal strips along with an active jammer to temporarily disable radio communications and electronic equipment such as cameras, radar, missile guidance, and lock-on systems as well as stun AI controlled weapons and early model Cyborgs.
- Red Phosphorus Grenade: A smoke grenade that burns phosphorous pentoxide, along with other additives, to create a screen that impairs standard infrared sensors.
- Electromagnetic Grenade: A disposable electronic attack device that emits electromagnetic pulses for a limited time, disabling any UGs and Cyborgs in the area. Because recent-model UGs and Cyborgs immediately shut down all circuitry when an electrical surge is detected, no permanent damage is done.
- Repair Nanopaste Substance: Used by UGs and Cyborgs to recover from sustained injuries akin to how an average human regenerates from wounds but at a much faster rate. It can be used to restore Sam's Life Gauge immediately.
- Electrolyte Pack: A container of the molten carbonate electrolytes used to power military cyborgs' fuel cells, it can be used to restore Sam's Fuel Cell Gauge immediately.
Intelligence: Gifted (He fought against Senator Armstrong and Raiden, fighting the latter twice, who is this skilled. He's naturally a masterful martial artist, due to his unpredictable fighting style, something he's a master at, and his swordplay being one of the best that characters like Raiden had encountered up until that point, and through his skill alone he can keep up with those who are stronger than him, such as Armstrong. He could deduce how a younger Raiden fought and what he learned just by fighting him for a few minutes, and was consistently outskilling and keeping up with them)
Weaknesses: Jetstream Sam enjoys taunting his opponents more often than not, which can anger them to the point of backfiring. His body is almost entirely human, and could be killed by what would be just basic damage to cyborgs. He enjoys the thrill of a fight and may drag it out if he finds it enjoyable, along with being somewhat arrogant.
- Blade Mode: Akin to Raiden, Sam can enter a "Blade Mode," drastically increasing his reactions and combat speed to the point that his surrounding time seems to slow down, allowing him to make extremely high speed and precision slashes before his opponent can respond.
- Quick Draw: Murasama's sheath contains a rifle device with a loaded magazine and a trigger located below the sword's grip. Sam can use an explosive battōjutsu by triggering this mechanism, which causes his blade to move even faster than before.
- "Vacuum Slashes": An unnamed technique used by Sam which creates numerous slashes in the air to cut through any of his opponents.
- Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take"): A special technique used by Sam to extract fuel cell electrolytes from enemy cyborgs and unmanned weapons. By targeting their weak points in Blade Mode, Sam can grab their power cores and recharge his fuel cells and health instantly.