|“||Because being a hero means protecting everyone.||„|
|~ Katsuki Bakugo to Izuku Midoryia|
Katsuki Bakugo (Bakugō Katsuki), also known as Kacchan (by his childhood friends), or as Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight (his hero name), is the deuteragonist of the anime and manga series My Hero Academia. He is also a student in Class 1-A at U.A. High School, training to become a Pro-Hero.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 8-C, likely higher via Explosion with Grenadier Bracer | High 8-C | High 8-C, 8-B via Explosion with Grenadier Bracer | 8-B, likely higher with Condensed Explosions | 7-A
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Acrobatics, Light Manipulation, Martial Arts (Type 4) (Comparable with Deku), Limited Flight (He is able to move through the air using his explosions to propel himself), Statistics Amplification (His explosions become stronger the longer he fights), Limited Reactive Evolution & Accelerated Development (Quirk users have been shown to evolve or increase the strength of their quirk when in a life or death situation), Resistance to Heat Manipulation (He trained his body, in order to take the extreme temperatures of his nitroglycerin explosions)
All previous abilities, plus Statistics Amplification (He is able to increase his strength, durability, and speed with One For All. The power of his explosions are also increased), Air Manipulation (He can generate air pressure with his attacks), Power Bestowal (He can give One For All quirk to other people)
Attack Potency: From Large Building level (He managed to create an explosion this powerful in his fight against Ochako Uraraka), up to Large Building level+ via Explosion with Grenadier Bracer (One of his strongest explosions, at the time, was this powerful) | Large Building level (Managed to create an explosion this huge, during his second fight with Deku) | Large Building level+ (Was able to create an explosion this powerful in his fight against Nine), City Block level via Explosion with Grenadier Bracer (Managed to create an explosion this powerful) | City Block level (The power of his quirk became stronger), likely higher with Condensed Explosions (These explosions are stronger than any attacks he has had so far) | Mountain level+ (Comparable to Full Cowl 100% Deku)
Speed: Athletic Human (Can run 50 meters in 5.58 seconds) with Supersonic reactions and combat speed (Able to keep up with 5% Deku), Supersonic movement speed with Explosion (Managed to finish a race slightly faster than 5% Deku could) | Supersonic reactions and combat speed, Supersonic movement speed with Explosion | Supersonic reactions and combat speed, Supersonic+ movement speed with Explosion | Supersonic, with Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed | Massively Hypersonic (Comparable to Full Cowl 100% Deku)
Lifting Strength: Unknown (Stronger than Tentacole, who can exert 540 kilograms of force with just one arm) | Unknown | Unknown | Unknown (Stronger than before) | Class K (Comparable to Full Cowl 100% Deku)
Durability: Large Building level | Large Building level | Large Building level+ | City Block level | Mountain level+
Stamina: Very High
Range: Standard melee range physically. Up to tens of meters with Explosion | Standard melee range. Up to tens of kilometers with Explosion and One For All
- Grenadier Bracers: An adjustment added to Katsuki's hero costume that stores his nitroglycerin-like sweat. Once filled, he can pull the grenade pin in order to release a large blast, as shown when he fought Izuku in All Might's Heroes vs. Villains test. It has enough explosive power to destroy all parts of the building within its blast radius.
- Improvised Grenades: Around the belt of his Hero costume are several containers made to look like hand grenades. These can store Katsuki's nitroglycerin-like sweat and may be used as regular grenades at a later time.
- Knee Pads: These are very blunt metallic attachments to Katsuki's knees. They are designed so that he can "kill with his knees," but he has not yet displayed any such use for them.
Intelligence: Gifted (Bakugo is a genius at using his Quirk, being able to make subtle lateral calculations and adjustments, to propel himself at high speeds, while maintaining maneuverability. He also trained himself to incorporate hand-to-hand combat into his Quirk's daily use, allowing him to quickly blast his way through most enemies)
Weaknesses: He is quite short-tempered, aggressive and overconfident. He loses his calm and self-control quite easily, on some occasions. If he uses his quirk "Explosion" too much, his forearms will start to ache.
Explosion: Katsuki Bakugo's Quirk called "Explosion" allows him to secrete nitroglycerin-like sweat from the palms of his hands and ignite it on command, allowing him to create powerful explosions (The more Katsuki sweats, the stronger his explosions become).
One For All (temporarily): Transferred to him by Izuku Midoryia, One for All allowed Katsuki to stockpile an enormous amount of raw power, allowing him to significantly enhance all of his physical abilities to a superhuman level. This resulted in unbelievable levels of strength, speed, agility, and durability. It also provided an exceptional strength boost to his given Quirk, Explosion (At the end of his and Izuku's fight against Nine, Katsuki lost One for All and the Quirk remained in Izuku's body).
- Explosive Speed: Katsuki throws his hands back and uses explosions to propel himself. He uses this both on the ground to increase his speed and through the air to achieve a pseudo form of flight.
- Stun Grenade: Katsuki starts by creating a sphere of light between his hands that explodes into a large scale flash. Similar to the effect of an actual stun grenade, the flash of light blinds anyone close by.
- Zero Distance Stun Grenade: A variation where Katsuki fires off his Stun Grenade at point-blank range of the opponent to immediately stun and immobilize them with little lasting damage.
- Howitzer Impact: This move is the strongest move in Katsuki's arsenal, which involves Katsuki taking to the air, and then using explosions to propel himself in a circular motion to create a tornado. This tornado builds up oxygen to fuel the incoming explosion. After colliding with the target, Katsuki releases the powerful aforementioned explosion. Present Mic compared the effectiveness of the technique to that of an actual missile.
- AP Shot: Katsuki stretches out one of his hands and uses his other hand to form a circle on the palm of his outstretched hand. Katsuki then fires an explosion through the circle, which creates a concentrated blast beam. By focusing the path of his explosions into a single point instead of around his whole palm, Katsuki creates a concentrated blast with reduced area of impact, but with enough power to successfully pierce solid concrete.
- AP Shot: Auto-Cannon: A rapid-fire version of his AP Shot Technique. The explosion power is reduced in order to avoid dealing severe damage to human targets.
- AP Machine-Gun: A stronger version of his AP Shot: Auto-Cannon where Katsuki fires larger, rapid-fire explosions.
- Explode-A-Pult: While in mid-air, Katsuki grabs an opponent with one of his arms, then propels himself in a spinning motion by firing explosions with his free arm. Once he gains enough momentum, Katsuki forcefully throws his opponent with the aid of another explosion.
- Land Mine Blast: Katsuki places his Grenadier Bracer on the ground and lets of a massive explosion into the ground, blowing back any obstacles surrounding him.
- Detroit Smash (temporarily, while still having "One For All" quirk): While he temporarily shared One For All with Izuku Midoriya and activated One For All: Full Cowl - 100%, he used this move for the first and last time with him to destroy Nine's massive fire tornado. He used his left arm while Izuku used his right, and they punched upwards to the sky, where a powerful gush of air destroyed the tornado through its eye, blowing it up.
- One For All: Full Cowl - 100% (temporarily, while still having "One For All: quirk): Katsuki activates "One For All" to its fullest extent throughout Full Cowl, granting him a tremendous boost in speed and strength. Katsuki's first and only use of this technique was against Nine to defend Nabu Island (When fused with Explosion, Katuski's original Quirk became so powerful that standard blasts from it could create enormous craters. The temperature of the explosions also increased to the point where it could melt through solid rock in a similar manner to lava as Katsuki came into close proximity to it).