|“||No matter what, I'll forever be yours, and I will fight until the day I see you again.||„|
|~ Kirito's declaration to Asuna|
|“||In order to keep your calm and apply the teachings of the Aincrad style, it is essential to keep its secret motto in mind: "stay cool".||„|
|~ Kirito to Eugeo about the Aincrad style|
|“||Then, I will fight for Underworld only. Because... I'm the protector of that world.||„|
|~ Star King Kirito's statement to RATH|
Kirigaya Kazuto (桐ヶ谷 和人, Kirigaya Kazuto), born as Narusaka Kazuto (鳴坂 和人なるさか かずと, Narusaka Kazuto), and known as «Kirito» (キリト, Kirito) in «Sword Art Online» is the protagonist of the main Sword Art Online series. Kirito was chosen to be one of the one thousand beta testers for the closed beta of Sword Art Online, the first ever Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG) for the NerveGear, and later joined the official version of the game. He thus became one of the 10,000 players who were trapped in Sword Art Online, where he remained a solo player for the majority of the game, willingly taking on the role of a Beater to reduce discrimination against other former beta testers, as well as actively taking part in Boss battles as one of the Clearers.
During his time in SAO, Kirito temporarily became a member of the Moonlit Black Cats after helping them safely escape a dangerous dungeon, but returned to being a solo player when a fatal error resulted in the death of the other guild members, driving him even further away from ties with other people. At some point in the game, Kirito became known as the «Black Swordsman» (黒の剣士, Kuro no Kenshi) due to his tendency to wear black clothing and remaining solo. Near the end of the game, Kirito's heart began to open up once more when he started meeting the one who would eventually become the love of his life, Asuna, and the two begin bonding with each other, growing as individuals in the process. With his newfound love and drive to see his loved ones in the real world once again, Kirito slain the final boss of the game, returning everyone to the real world.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 10-A | 9-C | At least 9-C, possibly 9-B | 9-A | At least 9-A | At least 9-A, likely higher | High 8-C | 8-B | At least 9-A | 9-C physically, higher with an FN Five-seven, 9-A with a Kagemitsu G4 | 10-A physically, 9-B with Exosuit | 9-C physically, higher with Sword Skills and Incarnation | 9-B physically, higher with Sacred Arts. At least 9-B with Incarnation, 8-C with Enhance Armament | At least 9-B physically, 8-C with Enhance Armament, 8-A, likely 7-C with the Blue Rose Sword's Enhance Armament. Low 6-B, 4-B with Incarnation and the Night Sky Sword's Release Recollection | 4-A
Skilled Swordsman and Marksman, Analytical Prediction, Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Enhanced Senses (via Hypersense and Distinguish), Limited Resistance to Poison (Survived from dying after getting stabbed by the Death Gun and was put into a coma afterwards) and Possible Resistance to Soul Manipulation (His soul survived even after his Fluctlight got fried and only losing consciousness)
Peak Human Physical Characteristics, Accelerated Development (Leveling; Physical Stats, Abilities), Has some swordsmanship knowledge (Trained in Kendo since he was a child, however he quit early on), Analytical Prediction (Able to think on the fly and anticipate multiple attacks coming, even when surrounded by a group of enemies), Regeneration (Low-Mid over time (All VR Avatars can regenerate entire limbs within 2-3 minutes)), Damage Boost (All attacks have either a low chance of critically hitting the opponent or hitting a weak point to critically hit them, dealing even more damage. The two forms of critical hits can stack), Statistics Amplification (Sword Skills amplify the user's speed and power, with the downside of having a post-motion stun for a brief period of time afterwards), Status Effect Inducement (via Sword Skills. If one can directly land a Sword Skill on an opponent towards a vital point such as the head, the opponent will be stunned for upwards of 10 seconds), Can increase the range of his eyesight (via the Search Skill), Healing (Accelerating recovery via Recovery Potions over a period of 5 minutes), Status Effect Inducement Nullification (via Antidote Potions. Only works against debuffs on Kirito's power or below), Immortality (Type 2); Hypermobility (VR Avatars do not have muscles and insides like real people do. Thus, they are able to do impossible motions that people in real life would not be able to do), Limited Reality Warping (via Proto-Incarnation. In times of extreme brain activity reaching to one's Fluctlight, or soul, the user can temporarily enact change on the world to an extent via their willpower or imagination. Usually, it has been displayed to enact improbable feats, such as delaying death, breaking out of system paralysis, bypassing system-enacted rules, and more that can be described as "surpassing the system"), Resistance to Pain (All virtual reality avatars have a pain absorber, which lessens the amount of pain one feels to negligible amounts, even with injuries such as decapitation)
Same as previous but to a greater extent, with the addition of Skilled Swordsman (Has honed his skill with a sword enough by this point to completely enter the zone and let his experience take control) and Stealth Mastery (via Hiding Skill. Makes it more difficult to see where he is)
Same as previous but to a greater extent, with the addition of Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant (By this point, Kirito began weaving in martial arts into his combat style, using both his intuition and experience being in Sword Art Online to slowly develop how he fights), Stealth Mastery Negation (via the Search Skill. Spotted Morte even when he was well hidden in the shadows just by looking in that general direction. In his later keys, he was able to spot multiple players well hidden behind trees, with his companion at the time, Silica, not noticing anything off at all), Tracking (via the Search Skill. Able to see invisible footprints on the ground which lead to the location of whoever he's targeting)
Same as previous but to a greater extent, with the addition of Healing (Accelerating recovery. Should be comparable to Recovery Potions) and Status Effect Inducement Nullification via Meditation and Awakening (Both provide healing, as well as the ability to ignore debuffs such as stuns and paralysis even stronger than Antidote Potions for a few minutes. Awakening in particular is able to resist abilities that can affect Immortal Objects, which are superior in durability to even the final boss itself), Status Effect Nullification (via Antidote Crystals), Healing (Healing heavy injuries via Healing Crystals. Healing Crystals act instantly and can immediately bring one back to full HP, even when near-death), Teleportation & BFR (via Teleport & Corridor Crystals)
Same as previous but to a greater extent, with the addition of Regeneration (Mid-Low via Battle Healing. Only works in-combat. The stronger the enemy is, the less effective the in-combat regen is), Skilled Marksman (Would by this point have gotten the Blade Throwing Skill and incorporate its various abilities into his skill set), Able to distract opponents with Blade Throwing (via Distraction), Enhanced Senses (via Hypersense and Distinguish), Can see through walls (via the Search Skill), Night Vision (via the Search Skill)
Same as previous but to a greater extent, with the addition of Shockwaves (When using ultimate Sword Skills for Dual Blades such as Starburst Stream and The Eclipse)
Same as previous but to a greater extent
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regeneration (Low-Mid over time (All VR avatars can regenerate entire lost limbs, however, it takes time, thus it is not combat applicable. Kirito specifically can survive for a long time with a blade stabbed through his chest)), Skilled Swordsman and Marksman, Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Damage Boost (All attacks have either a low chance of critically hitting the opponent or hitting a weak point to critically hit them, dealing even more damage. The two forms of critical hits can stack), Statistics Amplification (Sword Skills amplify the user's speed and power, with the downside of leaving a small post-motion stun (Though Skill Connect negates this downside). Note that before New Aincrad, ALO didn't allow the use of Sword Skills), Status Effect Inducement (via Sword Skills. If one can directly land a Sword Skill on an opponent towards a vital point such as the head, the opponent will be stunned for upwards of 10 seconds), Hacking, Enhanced Senses (via Hypersense and Distinguish), Analytical Prediction, Flight (Can fly with his ALO Avatar's wings for ten minutes before being forced to land pre-New Aincrad. Post-New Aincrad he's able to fly for an unlimited amount of time), Immortality (Type 2), Hypermobility (VR Avatars do not have muscles and insides like real people do. Thus, they are able to do impossible motions that people in real life would not be able to do), Night Vision (via being a Spriggan), Illusion Creation, Magic (Can imbue his swords with fire, ice, thunder and darkness post-New Aincrad, as well as summon a large explosion of black smoke. Spriggans also have Magic that allows them to find treasure easily), Magic Negation (via Spell Blast. Is able to negate a spell by hitting its hitbox, aka its very center), limited wall running (via being a lightweight race), Limited Reality Warping (via Proto-Incarnation. In times of extreme brain activity reaching to one's Fluctlight, or soul, the user can temporarily enact change on the world to an extent via their willpower or imagination. Usually, it has been displayed to enact improbable feats, such as delaying death, breaking out of system paralysis, bypassing system-enacted rules, and more that can be described as "surpassing the system"), Resistance to Pain (All virtual reality avatars have a pain absorber, which lessens the amount of pain one feels to negligible amounts, even with injuries such as decapitation)
Peak Human Physical Characteristics, Skilled Swordsman and Marksman, Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Enhanced Senses (via Hypersense and Distinguish), Plasma Manipulation, Heat Manipulation, Attack Reflection, Analytical Prediction, Limited Reality Warping (via Proto-Incarnation. In times of extreme brain activity reaching to one's Fluctlight, or soul, the user can temporarily enact change on the world to an extent via their willpower or imagination. Usually, it has been displayed to enact improbable feats, such as delaying death, breaking out of system paralysis, bypassing system-enacted rules, and more that can be described as "surpassing the system"), Immortality (Type 2), Hypermobility (VR Avatars do not have muscles and insides like real people do. Thus, they are able to do impossible motions that people in real life would not be able to do), Resistance to Pain (All virtual reality avatars have a pain absorber, which lessens the amount of pain one feels to negligible amounts, even with injuries such as decapitation)
Peak Human Physical Characteristics, Skilled Swordsman and Marksman, Analytical Prediction, Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Enhanced Senses (via Hypersense and Distinguish), Statistics Amplification (Sword Skills amplify the user's speed and power, with the downside of leaving a small post-motion stun (Though Skill Connect negates this downside)), Passive Reality Warping (via Incarnation. As with all VR avatars, especially in the Underworld, Incarnation grants all the ability to alter reality via their conscious and subconscious belief and willpower, and can be described as many people sharing a single dream, with greater control of Incarnation being likened to "lucid dreaming"). The primary applications of Incarnation are as follows: Empowerment, Statistics Amplification and Statistics Reduction (Belief in one's own strength will amplify one's own power, however the opposite can happen to the user as well if they are not confident in a matchup), Limited Law Manipulation (If enough people believe that something cannot happen, it will become possible and vice versa), and Passive Probability Manipulation (If an Incarnation user truly believes that they are weaker than their foe, even subconsciously, reality will be rewritten to ensure their defeat (and vice versa). If both sides are both completely confident in a battle, it will be a battle to see who's mental willpower is stronger than the other), Immortality (Type 8; Characters in the Underworld can't die as long as their fluctlight isn't destroyed), Unconventional Resistance to Soul Manipulation and Matter Manipulation (Macro-Quantum. The souls in Sword Art Online are described as being made of quantum fields)
Same as previous, in addition to Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Darkness Manipulation (via the Night Sky Sword and Sacred Arts. The Sacred Arts variant is primarily used to search for objects), Shield Creation and Attack Reflection (Via Sacred Arts; Can create a mirror that reflects projectiles), Light Manipulation (via the Night Sky Sword (Absorbed a light-based attack from Fanatio) and Sacred Arts), Energy Absorption (via the Night Sky Sword. Able to absorb "Resources" (energy) within a far-reaching range) and release it in any way he sees fit, whether that be unleashing it as a wave of darkness, increasing the size of his sword, or making his attacks stronger, Magic & Creation (via Sacred Arts. Can create a spell or an object for almost any situation, so long as he knows the words used to arrange his thoughts, guide his emotions, and fuel his imagination to create said spell or object), Ice Manipulation (Can create ice structures via Sacred Arts, such as when he created a five-layered ice shield), Poison Negation (via Sacred Arts), Heat Manipulation (via Sacred Arts), Healing (via Sacred Arts), Elemental Manipulation (via Sacred Arts. Can use the elements or elemental objects of all kinds), Homing Attacks (via Sacred Arts. Can make his Sacred Arts home in on enemies). Kirito also gains additional applications for Incarnation, which are as follows: Life Manipulation (Is able to transfer life energy over to another), can increase the range of his attacks, and transform into his SAO Avatar, Resistance to Body Control
Same as previous, in addition to Ice Manipulation (Can freeze a large area via the Blue Rose Sword, which was able to freeze the likes of Subtilizer), Life Manipulation (via the Blue Rose Sword. Continuously and passively saps the health of all those frozen), Aura, Non-Physical Interaction (Able to flash-freeze Subtilizer, a being made out of amorphous darkness), Transmutation (via the Night Sky Sword. Turned PoH into a tree), Enhanced Energy Absorption (via the Night Sky Sword. Able to absorb stars to power himself up. Also has shown to heal anyone within a large radius through releasing the absorbed energy). Kirito also gains additional applications for Incarnation, which are as follows: Weapon Creation (Capable of generating metal blades inside of a person's heart), can create giant black wings to fly, Forcefield Creation (Can create "imagination barriers" from one's mind to block attacks), Telekinesis (via Incarnate Arms. By imagining one's arm in a different location, one can freely interact with objects from a distance), can create invisible weapons (via Incarnate Blades. By imagining a weapon, one can form it), Age Manipulation (Reversed the age of two fully grown dragons from a distance back to when they were just eggs within seconds), Danmaku (via Sacred Arts), Immortality (Types 2 and 3; Able to continue fighting as long as he believes in himself, no matter how many body parts of his comes apart), and Regeneration (Mid; Regenerated his entire lower half from being chopped off and healed from having his heart ripped out of him by Subtilizer), Passive Light Manipulation (Has a gleaming galaxy created with the prayers of each and every human beings inside him), Instinctive Reactions (Capable of stopping attacks with his own willpower, even in his unconscious state), Resistance to Fear Inducement, Memory Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Soul Absorption, Power Absorption, Disintegration, Void Manipulation, and Corrosion Inducement
All previous abilities enhanced, in addition to Immortality (Type 1; Lived for over 200 years in the Underworld alongside Asuna. Should be comparable to Quinella, as Star King Kirito and Star Queen Asuna cracked all of the secrets that Quinella had discovered in her lifetime). Should also have all of Quinella's abilities (And most likely to a higher level of them), as he grew stronger within those 200 years while Quinella remained stagnant, having rediscovered and cracked all of Quinella's secrets to reforge the Underworld. Nigh-Omniscience, Self-Sustenance (Types 1 and 2; Can survive without oxygen in the depths of space and is also comparable to Quinella)
Attack Potency: Athlete level (Managed to stab into Kanamoto Atsushi's thigh with a blunt umbrella. Defeated Sugou Nobuyuki even though he had a knife in-hand and managed to dent a car door by slamming Sugou's head into it and can contend with Suguha, who is among the top 8 in the Japanese Kendo Nationals) | Street level (Able to fight evenly with Frenzy Boars and Dire Wolves, and even one-shot both with well-placed Sword Skills. Both Frenzy Boars and Dire Wolves should be comparable to their real life counterparts) | At least Street level, possibly Wall level (Greatly stronger than before, being able to face monsters much stronger than Dire Wolves) | Small Building level (Destroyed a boulder over the course of 3 days. A party of 6 are able to take down the 2nd floor's Field Bosses, Bullbous Bow, a 4 meter tall bull who can cross a distance of five-hundred feet in two seconds. In addition, along with a raid party, Kirito and other players were able to damage the Field Boss of the 4th floor, Biceps Archelon, a two-headed 20 meter long turtle. Biceps Archelon itself is able to charge at speeds difficult to escape from in a gondola and create whirlpools) | Small Building level (Leveled up since the 5th floor, boosting his stats) | At least Small Building level (Every 5 and 10 floors the difficulty on that specific floor spikes, and every 25 floors it spikes even more. The Floor Boss of the 25th floor nearly wiped out the entirety of the Aincrad Libration Squad, the guild with the highest player count with comparable levels to each other, even with reinforcements) | Large Building level (Since the 50th floor counts as 25 floor spike, the Floor Boss is drastically tougher than the rest. Required Heathcliff to take all of the aggro and use his Immortal Object status unbeknownst to everyone to let the others finish off the boss while it's distracted. Able to defeat the 56th floor's Field Boss, GeoCrawler, a serpent the height of a house and the length of many houses. By the time it was revealed that Kirito had the Dual Blades Skill on the 74th floor, he was already massively stronger than the players who both fought the 50th floor's Floor Boss and the 56th floor's Field Boss) | City Block level (Was able to harm and defeat An Incarnation of the Radius. With the weapon gained from the true Final Boss, he was able to defeat all other bosses with one hit each) | At least Small Building level (Though ALO bosses are stronger than SAO ones, the gap is not significant enough to be meaningful. Currently, the ALO clearing group is around the 30s in terms of floor number) | Street level physically (GGO avatars should be physically superior to real life ones. Can dismember limbs pretty easily and tackle monsters of similar strength), higher with FN Five-seven (The same as its real life counterpart), Small Building level with a Kagemitsu G4 (Can easily cut into monsters of this size) | Athlete level physically, Wall Level with Exosuit (Was able to barely keep up with Eiji with his Exosuit) | Street level physically (Able to fight against multiple goblins at once and Lizard Killer Ugachi), higher with Sword Skills and Incarnation (Cut off Ugachi's arm with Sharp Nail. Decapitated Ugachi with Sonic Leap empowered by Incarnation) | Wall level physically (After leveling up significantly from the goblin battle, Kirito can hold his own against Integrity Knights, who effortlessly cleave normal people and monsters in half and can effortlessly create craters with their strikes. Eugeo, after constant training and cutting through the Gigas Cedar for multiple days, managed to fell the massive tree, with Kirito not being too far behind in strength), higher with Sacred Arts (Normally more powerful than standard physical blows. Can hold off an Enhance Armament attack, even if just for a second),At least Wall level with Incarnation (Severed Quinella's arm and chest with a two-hit Vorpal Strike), Building level+ with Enhance Armament (Should not be inferior to Deusolbert's own Enhance Armament when used at full power. Clashed with both Fanatio's and Alice's Enhance Armaments) | At least Wall level physically (Likely leveled up significantly after helping slay Quinella. Clashed with PoH and Subtilizer), higher with Sacred Arts and Incarnation, Building level+ with Enhance Armament (Same as before), Multi-City Block level (Completely froze roughly 20,000 people with the Blue Rose Sword), likely Town level with the Blue Rose Sword's Enhance Armament (Was stated that one could say it rivaled Stacia's Geographical Manipulation). Small Country level (Shook the entire Underworld with Starburst Stream which is shown to be an Earth-sized planet), Solar System level with Incarnation and the Night Sky Sword's Release Recollection (Absorbed around 100,000 stars with the Night Sky Sword. Can move an entire night sky's worth of stars during this process. Should be comparable to Subtilizer's own Incarnation) | Multi-Solar System level (Sent ripples across the innumerable stars and shook the universe with up to 20% of his strength during his fight with the Abyssal Horror) Can ignore conventional durability in number of ways
Speed: Athletic Human | Peak Human (SAO Avatars, even at level 1, are superior to normal humans) with higher reaction speed (Can defend himself from attacks coming from all angles) | Peak Human, possibly Superhuman (Much faster than before. Fast enough to run on walls for a few steps) with higher reaction speed | Superhuman with higher reaction speed (Was able to catch the after-effects of Flashing Penetrator shooting past him, a Sword Skill that breaks the sound barrier and causes a sonic boom) | Superhuman with higher reaction speed | Subsonic (Blitzed Rosalia before she had time to react. Should be far superior to floor 1 Asuna) with Supersonic reaction speed (Should be able to react properly to Flashing Penetrator by this point, as most players using a rapier would have obtained the Sword Skill at this stage in the game) | Subsonic travel speed, Supersonic+ combat and reaction speed (Fights at speeds where players that could see Flashing Penetrator would only see a blur), higher attack speed with Dual Blades (He stated that during Starburst Stream, the rhythm of his swings exceeded twice his normal speed) | Supersonic+ combat speed and flight speed (Is able to casually move faster than his visual effects, which can create sonic booms) | Peak Human travel speed (Superior to any normal human. Stats are able to increase agility to higher levels, however Kirito is a STR build, not an AGI build), Hypersonic+ combat speed (Was capable of swatting and deflecting bullets from an automatic rifle in GGO) | Athletic Human (Kirito could barely keep pace with Eiji when running) with Superhuman reaction speed in AR/real life (Could react to Eiji's attacks and eventually rip off the power source of his Exosuit) Peak Human with Subsonic combat speed and Superhuman reaction speed (Should not be any slower than his real life counterpart. Fought against multiple goblins and Lizard Killer Ugachi at once) | Superhuman (After leveling up significantly from the goblin battle, Kirito is able to compete with Integrity Knights) with Relativistic reaction speed (Fought on par with Fanatio, who dodged her own reflected lasers) | Subsonic with Relativistic reaction speed (Should be comparable to Alice) | Massively FTL+ (Faster than the Abyssal Horror, which is in turn faster than a Mechadragon, which is capable of interstellar travel and can travel between solar systems in ten minutes and escaped to the edges of the universe)
Lifting Strength: Average Human | Peak Human (SAO Avatars, even at level 1, are superior to normal humans) | At least Peak Human, possibly Superhuman (Stronger than before. Kirito focuses on his STR stat more than any other) | Superhuman | Superhuman | Possibly Class 5(By this point, Kirito should be vaguely comparable to his later feats) | Class 5 (Pulled an elephant-sized legged fish out of a lake) | Class 5 | At most Class 5 (Should still be somewhat comparable to his SAO feats) | Likely Superhuman (Weaker, but still comparable to his nineteen year old self) | Average Human, Peak Human with Exosuit (Should be comparable to Eiji who was superior to him) | At least Average Human (Should at least be comparable to his real life counterpart. Can barely carry the Blue Rose Sword) | Class 50 (Threw a fully-armored Alice up 4 meters while she is carrying a sword as heavy as a boulder) | At least Class 50, Class G with the Blue Rose Sword's Enhance Armament (Comparable to Stacia's Geographical Manipulation), Stellar with Incarnation and the Night Sky Sword's Release Recollection (Moved entire stars across the night sky) | Multi-Stellar
Durability: Athlete level | Street level (Comparable to Klein, who's able to take a hit to the genitals by a Frenzy Boar charging at full speed) | At least Street level, possibly Wall level (Greatly stronger than before) | Small Building level (Comparable to players who can take hits from Bullbous Bow. Able to take hits from the 2nd floor Floor Bosses, humanoid bulls nearly 5 meters tall), higher with Spinning Shield (Able to nearly nullify a fire blast from the Magnatherium, a monster that would have been nearly impossible to defeat normally with only himself and Asuna) | Small Building level, higher with Spinning Shield | At least Small Building level (Was able to survive the 25th floor's Floor Boss), higher with Spinning Shield | Large Building level (Can tank hits from Gleam Eyes, who is vastly superior to GeoCrawler), higher with Spinning Shield (Nearly nullified X'rphan the White Wyrm's ice breath attack, to the point where it was enough so that Battle Healing can heal the little wounds Kirito took) | City Block level (Withstood an attack this powerful without any noticeable injuries. Sinon also took a much stronger attack, and Kirito is comparable to her), higher with Spinning Shield | At least Small Building level | Street level, Small Building level when deflecting with a Kagemitsu G4 | Athlete level, Wall level in AR (Jumped from a tall ledge of a building to the ground without any problems whatsoever) | Street level, higher with Incarnation | Wall level physically (Can take hits from Integrity Knights. Survived being slammed into a wall by Deusolbert's Enhance Armament and the Sword Golem, however both times he was out of commission temporarily, and in the latter fight he was going to bleed out if it wasn't for Cardinal saving him), higher with Sacred Arts (Can create barriers to stop attacks. Halted Desuolbert's Enhance Armament for a second), at least Wall level with Incarnation (Can withstand attacks from Quinella, however a clean hit still got his arm lobbed straight off), Multi-City Block level when blocking with the Night Sky Sword (Divine Objects can withstand their memory release forms, all of which are on this level. Stopped almost all of Deusolbert's Enhance Armament by using Spinning Shield, albeit it was a weaker version of it which wasn't meant to kill) | At least Wall level physically, Multi-City Block level, likely Town level when blocking. Small Country level, Solar System level with Incarnation and the Night Sky Sword's Release Recollection (Can withstand Subtilizer's counterattack against him during Starburst Stream and Kirito's Incarnation barriers can easily deflect Subtilizer's attacks. However, a clean hit still got his arm got lobbed straight off.) | Multi-Solar System level (His Incarnation Barrier effortlessly dispersed the Abyssal Horror's attacks)
Stamina: Athletic Human (Continued to fight even after taking punishment from Eiji. Defeated bosses in Ordinal Scale non-stop and without breaks throughout multiple nights) | Infinite physically (Virtual Reality Avatars can never get physically tired; limited only to the mental power of the person themselves), Superhuman mentally (Slept for three hours everyday in SAO, and most of his day consisted completely of fighting monsters non-stop. Halted his own death temporarily through sheer willpower. Was stabbed through the chest and was able to feel pain, but still trudged through with sheer willpower) | Same as previous | Virtually Infinite physically (Just like normal Virtual Reality Avatars, however the difference being that if one ran out of "stamina", they would begin taking damage to their Life), Vastly Superhuman mentally (Walked off having a chunk of his arm cut off, been pierced and cauterized by beams of light, and entire limbs coming off)
Range: Standard melee range unarmed in real life, extended melee range with a sword in AR | Standard melee range when unarmed, extended melee range with a sword | Same as previous, with the addition of several meters with dash-type Sword Skills | Same as previous, with the addition of standard melee range with unarmed skills | Same as previous | Same as previous, with the addition of several meters with throwing picks | Same as previous, with the addition of up to tens of meters with strongest attacks (Starburst Stream's shock waves were able to cover the entire 74th floor's boss room) | Same as previous, with the addition of up to tens of meters with strongest attacks (Double Circular and several Starburst Stream attacks covered massive parts of An Incarnation of the Radius' body), several dozens to possibly up to a hundred meters with shockwaves | Extended melee range with swords, several meters with dash-type Sword Skills (Does not have this Pre-New Aincrad), tens of meters in Beast Form | Extended melee range with his photon saber, several meters with his Five-Seven | Extended melee range with swords, several meters with dash-type Sword Skills | Same as before, with the addition of several meters with Sacred Arts, Incarnation, and Enhance Armament | Same as before, with the addition of Kilometers (via Blue Rose Sword's Release Recollection), Planetary with Starburst Stream, and Interstellar (via Night Sky Sword's Release Recollection). Can augment his range with Spatial Manipulation | At least Interstellar, likely Galactic (Shook the universe which is directly compared to the Milky Way)
Augma: A device that allows the user to use Augmented Reality technology.
Intelligence: At least Average normally, Gifted in combat (Though he is academically average, Kirito has a high combat intelligence and can adapt to battles and situations on the fly. He has over 2 years of battle experience fighting for his life against both predictable NPCs and unpredictable players alike, developing a fighting style that revolves around tricking his opponents into doing what he wants through mind games and feints, or searching for any openings or weaknesses of the opponent on the fly and adapting his strategy to counteract that. His knack for finding patterns and adapting to situations has also led to him to develop multiple Outside System Skills to help in various situations, as well as notice things that most people wouldn't. This fighting experience is only sharpened after learning formal Kendo swordplay from Suguha during Ordinal Scale and learning formal swordsmanship for over a year in the North Centoria Imperial Sword Mastery Academy during his time in the Underworld. Additionally, Kirito is very knowledgeable with computers and mathematics (e.g. he randomly computes the volume of the food he eats), and is extremely proficient in multitasking. He has an extremely good memory, as he remembers dozens upon dozens of Sword Skills and how to get into their pre-motions, nearly every single game mechanic within SAO and ALO, and piles of information on every single floor of Aincrad up to the 75th floor; using everything he has in his memory to his advantage in combat. Even beyond Aincrad, his memory and instincts from his time in the floating castle made him an astute observer, recognizing weak points in weapons and an opponent's body, as well as memorizing seemingly useless facts that he could use later, such as various metal types or what specific flowers grow in what area, showing his dedication to observation that could come in handy when facing an unorthodox opponent or a mystery that had to be solved.)
Nigh-Omniscient (At the end of Alicization, Kirito and Asuna are forced to remain in the Underworld for over 200 years, and in this time, Kirito has gained immense experience and knowledge in general, especially as an engineer, ruler, politician, and swordsman (Though this experience and knowledge is erased from EoA Kirito upon getting out of the Underworld). In his early days as ruler, he was able to reunite and reforge all of Caldina back to its former glory, reinstating planetary peace. After finishing up the last of his home planet, Kirito turned his attention to the vastness of Outer Space and developed interstellar-capable starships, colonized other planets, set up star ports, space stations, space military divisions, and an interstellar travel route, becoming the cosmic emperor of the (now interstellar) Human Empire, gaining the title "Star King".)
- Normally composed and calculated when fighting, but fights with reckless abandon when he gets emotional.
- Sword Skills have a small post-motion stun at the end of them in exchange for increased power (Though Skill Connect negates this weakness).
- Cannot fly in areas void of sunlight or moonlight (ALfheim Online Keys Only).
- Most of the time, to activate Sacred Arts, the user must chant out the words required to activate it. Sacred Arts require "spatial resources" to use, meaning that barren environments would lessen the effects of a Sacred Art (Alicization Keys Only).
- Using Enhance Armament or Release Recollection drains the weapon's Durability, which can only be restored when sheathed for long periods of time (Alicization Keys Only).
- The Night Sky Sword's Release Recollection expends the resources it gathered whenever Kirito uses intensive abilities or Sword Skills, forcing him to recharge once all the resources are used (Alicization Keys Only).
- Because of Incarnation's passive nature based on the imagination and willpower of the individual, at worst, if the user thinks a situation is hopeless or impossible to succeed, Incarnation will instead have a negative effect and make that situation true.
- Kirito learned kendo training in real life making sword skills easier to use.
- Kirito can make the impossible vice versa if he has enough willpower left in him.
Incarnation: A secret skill passed down by Integrity Knights since ancient times, and one of the most important concepts in the Sword Art Online franchise. Incarnation refers to the ability to change the state of the world through pure willpower and imagination. For any other virtual reality world, it is a system glitch, usually activated in times of extreme emotion or during extreme brain activity, allowing closer access to one's Fluctlight, or soul, to temporarily change the world around them. For residents of the Underworld, it is a constant passive that dictates whether they succeed or fail in anything. The more confident one is in their abilities and the more of a positive reputation they have, the more the world shall bend in their favor. It is the power which Sacred Arts derive from. Its effects are versatile, as the power has been used to wield invisible blades, create swords from the user's blood, transmute objects, increase the chances of an event happening, and much more. However, the power of an Incarnation ability can be matched by another Incarnation ability, and the use of Incarnation is mentally exhausting, requiring a lot of concentration and energy to perform. If the user is in a state where their will is not strong enough, they become unable to use Incarnation. There are a limited amount of people who can use Incarnation to its full potential, and much practice and experience are needed to be able to use it. This ability is most prominent in the Underworld, as this ability is one of that world's core mechanics. However this ability has also been shown multiple times throughout the series before the Alicization arc.
Outside System Skills (OuSS): As its name suggests, are skills that are the users own, unlike Sword Skills and magic that are provided for by the game engine.
- (OuSS) Switch: A technique where two Players switch positions in-between an enemy's attack to recover Hit Points, chain attacks together without worrying about a post-motion stun, and/or burden the learning abilities of enemies if they are AIs.
- (OuSS) Mislead: After studying his foe's movement and response patterns and learning functions (such as that of an enemy AI's), Kirito moves outside of his foe's habitual predictions to throw them off.
- (OuSS) Arms Blast: Destroys the opponent's weapon by hitting its weak point, showing knowledge of a weapon's weakness.
- (OuSS) Spell Blast: Negates a projectile spell by slashing through its hitbox (its very center) with a Sword Skill. The notable Sword Skill he used to demonstrate this is Deadly Sins, a 7-hit Sword Skill. The conception of this OuSS is from Kirito cutting bullets in GGO.
- (OuSS) Hypersense: The act of sensing hostile intention or killer intent, allowing the user to react against attacks and enemies outside of their field of vision.
- (OuSS) Distinguish: Allows the user to eliminate background noise to focus on unnatural or certain sounds around him. Its range is unknown but it is notable in that this skill, along with Hypersense, allowed Kirito to react to a sniper bullet from a blind spot.
- (OuSS) Skill Connect: A technique that allows the user to chain together Sword Skills without having to worry about a post-motion stun. The technique works by first activating and releasing a Sword Skill, while at the same time positioning themselves during said Sword Skill into a pre-motion of another Sword Skill to chain them together. It is extremely difficult to do as it requires split-second precision to prevent a Sword Skill's post-motion from affecting the user. It's easier to do with dual blades, since the user doesn't have to move as much to activate the pre-motion.
- (OuSS) Bullet Deflect: As the name suggests, it allows the user to deflect bullets, showing the user's reaction time.
- (OuSS) Sword Skill Imitation: Imitating the user of Sword Skills without the system's assistance, removing the post-motion stun, but sacrificing the power and speed of the actual skill.
- *(SS) '''Embracer:''' An unarmed skill that is strong enough to punch through a chest plate with the user's hand, fingers straightened.
- *(SS) '''Gengetsu:''' An unarmed skill that makes the user do a backflip and kick.
- *(SS) '''Escape:''' As the name suggests, it allows the user to escape from battle using martial arts.
- *(SS) '''Cross Block:''' Brings two weapons together into a cross to block an attack.
- *(SS) '''Horizontal:''' Slashes horizontally.
- *(SS) '''Vertical:''' Slashes vertically.
- *(SS) '''Cyclone:''' Spins and attacks the enemy.
- *(SS) '''Sonic Leap:''' A Sword Skill that makes the user charge at the target at high speeds. It can be aimed at the sky as a jumping attack.
- *(SS) '''Horizontal Arc:''' Slashes horizontally twice.
- (SS) Vertical Arc: Slashes vertically twice.
- (SS) Double Circular: Slashes twice with the user's dual blades.
- (SS) Sharp Nail: Slashes 3 times at the enemy.
- (SS) Vertical Square: A 4-hit Sword Skill that slashes four times vertically. After the skill is finished, a square, drawn with the four hits of this skill, continues to spin as it dissipates.
- (SS) Horizontal Square: A 4-hit Sword Skill that slashes four times horizontally. After the skill is finished, a square, drawn with the four hits of this skill, continues to spin as it dissipates.
- (SS) Nova Ascension: The strongest one-handed Sword Skill. A 10-hit Sword Skill that is faster and stronger than any other previous one-handed Sword Skill.
- (SS) Starburst Stream: A devastating 16-hit Sword Skill that is extremely fast and is powerful enough to force the Gleam Eyes to try and catch it to stop the skill.
- (SS) The Eclipse: The strongest Dual Blades Sword Skill. It is a quick, 27-hit Sword Skill that is stronger in power than Starburst Stream. The entirety of the Sword Skill was used in Kirito's final fight with Heathcliff in SAO (but only a part of it was used in the anime).
Original Sword Skills:
Original Sword Skills (OSS): Sword Skills made by or is inherited by the user from another. It is done by recording the creator's movements while the skill is being done. It is very difficult as it requires the user to do it perfectly as speeds above how they normally do, at speeds of that of Sword Skills. Cannot be used in Sword Art Online and in Gun Gale Online (The latter can only use imitations).
- (OSS) Howling Octave: A combination Sword Skill that does 5 high-speed thrusts followed by 2 vertical slashes, for a total of 7-hits. Fire Element.
- The final move of this skill leaves the user in a rigid position (post-motion) that is similar to the initial motion of the OSS Savage Fulcrum with the other hand, therefore, if the player has two swords and can think about different things with the left and right side of the brain, it is possible to chain in the skill before the delay of Howling Octave is over, nullifying the post-motion.
- (OSS) Savage Fulcrum: A 3-hit Sword Skill that produces ice shards from the point of impact of the initial stab and the finishing upward slash. Ice Element.
- (OSS) Lightning Fall: A 1-hit dual-wield OSS that produces an area-of-effect lightning attack centered at the two swords stabbed at the ground. It is one of the few ranged attack Sword Skills. Lightning Element.
Magic: Allows the user to use race-unique and ALfheim standard magic. Kirito, as a Spriggan is naturally inclined towards illusion-based magic but he also uses standard elemental magic to imbue his swords with it. ALfheim Online (ALO) Kirito only.
- Spriggan Illusion Magic - Smokescreen: An unnamed magic that produces an enormous black smoke cloud centered around Kirito. Kirito, a spriggan is naturally immune to it and therefore can see through the smoke.
- Spriggan Illusion Magic - Metamorphosis: A magic that sucks up all of Kirito's remaining mana to transform him into a Gleam Eyes-esque beast but is built for speed instead of the Gleam Eyes' bulky strength build. This only increases his attack range due to the beast form's arm length, but it does not increase his stats in any way as it is only an illusion.
- Wall Run: As one of the lightweight races, the Spriggans are capable of using the skill Wall Run, that, as the name suggests, allows them to temporarily run on walls. The normal limit is a distance of ten meters, but those with an extremely high sprinting speed are known to be able to run for about thirty meters.
- Night Vision: Spriggans are known to have night vision, allowing them to be able to see in near total darkness. They are also capable of casting a buff that gives others the same abilities.
- Treasure Hunting Magic: Though capable of using other types of magic, Spriggans are known to be the masters of Treasure Hunting Magic, a magic that assists them in treasure hunting.
Sacred Arts: «Sacred Arts» are System Commands in Project Alicization that residents of Underworld believe to be magic rituals. In reality, they are just words used to arrange thoughts and guide the emotions of the caster to make use of one's imagination power. Because of this, the imagination of the user may either improve or decrease the effectiveness of an art.
- Perfect Weapon Control Art: The Perfect Weapon Control Art is a high-ranking Sacred Arts ritual that is used to boost the offensive power of a Divine Object-class weapon by linking with the true essence of the weapon. As all Divine Object-class weapons strongly inherit the properties of the object that served as its nucleus in the form of memories, the Perfect Weapon Control Art may be used to tap into the parameters inherited from the base material, thus increasing the power of the weapon in the form of special abilities. The ability acquired through the ritual depends solely on how the caster pictures the released form of the weapon. The first phase of the «Perfect Weapon Control Art», called the «strengthening» phase, is the partial awakening of the weapon's memories, which manifest as a new offensive ability for the weapon. The «Life» of the weapon decreases greatly every time the command is used and the power of the ritual is determined by the caster's ability to imagine the released form of the weapon. The second phase of the ritual, called the «releasing» phase, is a command that releases all of the memories of the weapon, unleashing all of its rampant power. Memories unleashed with this phase become uncontrollable to the caster and might even engulf the caster himself. For example, the «Perfect Weapon Control» art with the Blue Rose Sword is as follows:
- Once the «Perfect Weapon Control» art is in effect, the Blue Rose Sword is capable of covering a large area in ice. Everyone within the area is then entangled in fast growing pinky-thick thorny ice tendrils, which quickly freeze their targets in blocks of ice. If the wielder then shouts the command "Bloom Blue Rose", an infinite number of large profound blue roses grow and leech the «Life» of the victims encased within the ice and turns it into Sacred Power, which is released into the area for use. According to Eugeo, these abilities are not meant to kill, but rather to trap one's opponent. The degree of power of these abilities also varies depending on which armament state the user has initiated. In the first, «enhancing», stage the sword can cover an area of ten meters in frost, where the ice tendrils then ensnare and freeze opponents, and can produce ice roses that drain «Life» at a gradual rate. Upon entering its second, «releasing», stage, the sword sends out a rapidly expanding bluish white circle, which instantaneously freezes the surrounding area. In this state, both the freezing and «Life» drain abilities are greatly amplified, to the point where boiling hot water can easily be frozen solid, and the roses produced are actual blue roses, as opposed to the first stage's ice ones, which sap «Life» at a greater rate. However, maintaining these abilities requires great mental focus from the sword's user and, as with all «Perfect Weapon Control» arts, it uses some of the sword's «Life».
Key: Real Life | Floor 1 (The First Day) | Floor 1 (Aria of a Starless Night) | Floors 2-5 | Floors 6-24 | Floors 25-49 | Floors 50-75 | Floor 100 | ALfheim Online | Gun Gale Online (Phantom Bullet) | Ordinal Scale | Beginning of Alicization/Pre-Goblin Fight | Post-Goblin Fight/Human Realm | War of Underworld | End of Alicization/Star King Kirito
- VR Feats Do NOT Scale With Each Other!
- Star King Kirito and End of Alicization (EoA)/Current Kirito are completely different people living completely different lives.