|“||I was wrong. Ever since coming here... and practically dying... I finally get it ! Being a hero doesn't make you cool... they're heroes because they're cool !||„|
|~ Minoru Mineta to himself|
Minoru Mineta (峰みね田た実みのる Mineta Minoru), also known as the Fresh-Picked Hero: Grape Juice (モギタテヒーロー グレープジュース Mogitate Hīrō Gurēpu Jūsu), is one of the main protagonists of the anime and manga series My Hero Academia. He is also a student in Class 1-A at U.A. High School, training to become a Pro Hero.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Unknown physically, Unknown via Pop Off Quirk | Unknown physically, Unknown via Pop Off Quirk
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Body Control (Due to his Quirk called "Pop Off", he is able to detach sticky spheres from his scalp), Natural Weapony (He is capable of using his sticky spheres both as a defense mechanism, and as weapons against his opponents), Weapon Creation (He is able to combine several of his spheres with each other, to create a whip that he can use as a weapon), Acrobatics (He can perform acrobatic moves by using his spheres), Limited Reactive Evolution & Accelerated Development (Quirk users have been shown to evolve or increase the strength of their quirk when in a life or death situation)
Attack Potency: Unknown physically (The physical strength of his body is unknown), Unknown via Pop Off Quirk (He is capable of restraining and trapping numerous villains and even a restrained Midnight, using his spheres. However, the amount of damage his spheres can cause is still unknown) | Unknown physically (He should be stronger than before, since he trained for a whole year), Unknown via Pop Off Quirk (He has better control over his Pop Off Quirk, due to a full year of training, but the extent is still unknown)
Speed: Transonic reactions and combat speed (Dodged a whip attack from Midnight. He is capable of keeping up with his classmates and other students) | Supersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Faster than before. Was able to react to the attacks of a casual Nine), Hypersonic movement speed with Bouncing (Via his Pop Off Quirk, he can use his spheres to bounce at higher speeds)
Lifting Strength: Unknown | Unknown
Durability: Wall level+ (Able to withstand an attack from a Victory Bot) | Small Building level+ (More durable than before), likely higher with Grape Buckler (Managed to block a hit that could injure Mina Ashido)
Stamina: High (He was able to fight continuously for eight hours against Pixie-Bob's Earth Beasts)
Range: Standard melee range, up to Tens of meters with Pop Off Quirk
Standard Equipment: His hero costume: Minoru's hero outfit was made with the purpose of letting him use his Quirk without his grapes sticking to it.
- The Grape Face Mask: This equipment is a simple face mask that covers almost all of Minoru's face and leaves the top of his head exposed so that he can grab his grape-like hairs.
- The Gloves that Pluck: This equipment was made using the special substance that exudes from Minoru's scalp, this was to prevent his grapes from sticking to them. However, this is only for the palms of the gloves.
- The Grape Pants: This equipment was designed to have nubs that look like a pattern that were modeled after his grape-like hair and have almost the same stickiness as them. This was so that he could hold small objects on his person.
- The Minoru Mantle: This equipment was originally desired to flutter in the wind. However, the designers decided to make it shorter so that it wouldn't get stuck on his hair.
(In addition to his costume, he also wears what appears to be a grape stem on his head. While it has not been formally addressed, it is presumably some kind of support item)
Intelligence: Above Average (He managed, on his own, to fool Midnight, and make her fall into his trap. He ranked 9/20 in the midterms)
Weaknesses: The stickiness and retention power of his spheres depends on his state of health. If he removes too many spheres from his head at once, he will start bleeding (which can also cause severe pain). He is quite cowardly and can easily freak out in situations that are too much for him to handle. His perverted nature and behaviors.
Pop Off: Minoru Mineta's Quirk allows him to produce and pluck ball-shaped objects from his head (the balls grow back just as fast as they're plucked).
- Grape Rush: Minoru rushes towards the enemy and throws many of his sticky objects at the enemy while running toward them, sticking the enemy in place and allowing Minoru to rush past them.
- Grape Buckler: Minoru attaches a number of Pop Off Spheres to a shield, which he can use for defense while simultaneously trapping whatever hits the shield.
- Grape-Pinky Combo Mineta-Bounce: After Mina Ashido uses Acid Layback to spin on the spot and Minoru lays down multiple Pop Off Spheres on the ground and walls, Mina throws Minoru with great force so that he bounces from sphere to sphere. As he is flying through the air and bouncing off of each sphere, he can throw more Pop Off Spheres from his head onto his opponents while making it difficult to be hit back.
- Pop Off: Vineyard: Minoru performs this move by creating a vineyard with his Pop Off Spheres which acts as a snare.
- Super Grape Rush: From an elevated position, Minoru launches a large number of his sticky spheres to trap the enemy between objects.