The ability to control the sleep functions of oneself and in others. Users are typically able to put others or themselves to sleep. Along with manipulating sleep patterns, sleeping abilities or one's subconscious state while they're asleep. Under certain applications, Sleep Manipulation can easily be an incapacitating technique and in some cases negate conventional durability. The user can cause a subject to sleep forever in a comatose-like state and can even determine how deep a sleep is or how long a person or people have been sleeping.
- Sleep Inducement: Making an opponent fall asleep against their will. Some users do this through spells, poisons or other methods. Through doing this, one is able to prevent an opponent from taking action. Along with making them vastly more vulnerable towards attacks, since they have no guard or ability to react.
- Insomnia Inducement: The exact opposite of above, Insomnia Inducement takes away one's ability to go to sleep. This can greatly weaken and eventually kill life forms that require sleep.
- Self Sleep Inducement: Causes the person to put themselves to sleep. Many users will do this in order to immediately fall asleep, or take advantage of sleeping in order to replenish their health and energy.
- Prolonged Sleep: Increases the duration of one's sleeping period, often times incapacitating the person for extended periods of time.
- Subconscious Effect: Many forms of Sleep Manipulation also coincide with Dream Manipulation, where users are able to control what goes on within an opponents mind as they're sleeping.
- Complete Dormancy: The ultimate form of Sleep Inducement. This ability can put any life form to sleep, regardless if they need to or are capable of sleeping. Along with putting non-organic machines or even inanimate objects in a state of inactivity that can vaguely be referred to as "sleep."
- Jigglypuff (Pokémon)
- Silver Chariot Requiem (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
- Jean Grey (Marvel Comics)
- Martian Manhunter (DC Comics)
- Brook (One Piece)
- Daki (Demon Slayer)