|“||Finally... I clearly understand... everything. I am...Dracula||„|
|“||Shut up. You annoy me. That's all the reason I need. Besides, the petty little humans will die off soon enough. Your turn came a little earlier, that's all. Hahahahaha.||„|
|~ Soma to Celia|
|“||Hehehe... Hand over that magic soul. Apparently it's necessary for something.||„|
|“||Alucard... It's been a while.||„|
|~ Soma to Alucard|
Soma Cruz is the protagonist from the games Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. He also appears in the cross-over games Castlevania: Harmony of Despair and Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls.
Soma has a wide range of powers and abilities called 'souls' which are categorized as offensive, defensive, or tactical. He acquires these abilities through his "power of dominance" - the power to control and summon the souls of defeated monsters. This is a derivation of Dracula's primary power, the ability to command monsters.
Soma fights with a variety of weapons, including swords, spears, and axes. Many of his weapons are references to mythology and folklore, such as the Valmanway, Longinus, Excalibur, or Claimh Solais (even Death's Scythe). The whip sword is a reference to the Castlevania series' tradition of whips as primary weapons, but is the only weapon in Aria of Sorrow that resembles a whip. Soma can also use handguns, a Rocket Propelled Grenade, and a Positron Rifle, in an interesting (and futuristic) departure from other games in the Castlevania series.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 2-C | Low 2-C
Name: Soma Cruz, Dark King Soma, Dracula, Mathias Cronqvist, Dracula Vlad Tepes
Age: 18 in 2035 in Aria of Sorrow, 19 in 2036 in Dawn of Sorrow, 20 in 2037 in Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku novel
Classification: Dark Lord / Vampire / High school student / Dracula reincarnation
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Explosion Manipulation, Vibration Manipulation, Creation (Of various things like passive scythes), Plant Manipulation (Has control over plant life, can amplify his plant based attacks), Bone Manipulation, Reactive Power Level (Through Head Hunters Soul, the more Souls he absorbs the more his powers increase), Sound Manipulation, Holy Manipulation, Water Manipulation (Can control streams of water and project them out, can also walk on water), Absorption (His attacks let him absorb the life force/energy of his enemies, this extends to inanimte objects), Darkness Manipulation (Its the nature of his powers and can project some of it as such), Fire Manipulation (Can shoot flames from his hands, can conjure flame shields to nullify projectiles), Hellfire Manipulation (Has powers over the fires of hell from the Flame Demon soul), Ice Manipulation, Lightning Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Thread Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Curse Manipulation (Which can prevent the target to use their weapons, cast spells or use items, and rapidly drain magic), Empathic Manipulation, Madness Manipulation, Death Manipulation (Through Mandragoras Soul which instantly kills any being hearing its scream and Killer Mantle which can swap the Life force of its victims), Poison Manipulation, Levitation, Immersion (Can jump into mirrors), Teleportation, Hypnosis, Duplication, Healing (Some of his souls can provide healing for him), Invulnerability, Statistics Amplification, Limited Antimatter Manipulation and resistance to it, Radiation Manipulation (Through the Positron Rifle), Enhanced Senses, Martial Arts Mastery, Regeneration (At least Low-Mid), Weapon Mastery, Self-Sustenance (Types 1 and 2: Can survive without oxygen), Possibly Immortality (Type 8) (Should Soma die, Chaos will resurrect and convert him into Dracula), Summoning (Can summon entire armies of monsters and demons), Non-Physical Interaction (Can interact with Souls, Ghosts and Chaos, an abstract entity), Flight, Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2), Soul Manipulation and Void Manipulation / Existence Erasing (Through the Power of Dominance he can absorb the Souls of the beings he kills and erase souls from existence with said power too, this extends even to Abstract Embodiments like Death), Regeneration Negation (At least Low-High, possibly Mid-High, capable of successfully hurting Chaos, who's superior to Dracula, who can come back from a mass of blood and possibly being reduced to vapor), Telepathy (Can communicate to other people with his mind) and Mind Manipulation (Ordered the Castle to transport himself out of its boundaries), Petrification (Can shoot out a petrifying beam, can shoot stream of petrifying gas at his enemies), Dark Magic, passive Power Nullification (Through the Dead Crusader Soul, Soma is completely immune to the effects of powers and abillities used against him, can also nullify magic with his own powers), Attack Reflection (Through the Giant Ghost Soul which neutralizes magic and projectiles that hit Soma and reflects them back), Energy Manipulation, Time Stop, Glyph Creation and Sealing through magic seals, Elemental Manipulation, Supernatural Luck (His Souls make him luckier), Shapeshifting, Damage Boost, Danmaku and Homing Attack (With Locusts, scythes, projectiles and energy blasts), Extrasensory Perception (Sensed Alucard being in his vicinity), Transformation (Into a bat, iron golem and demon), Forcefield Creation, Invisibility, Beast Familiar Mastery, Intangibility (Through Kyoma Demons Soul, Soma can make himself intangible), Void Manipulation / Existence Erasing, Chaos Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation, and Matter Manipulation (Defeated Chaos and exists outside of its control and powers), Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2) and Fate Manipulation (Broke out of his destiny of being the Dark Lord and resisted the Chaos within him), Attack Reflection and Power Nullification (Fought against and defeated Julius Belmont, wasn't affected by the Vampire Killers negation), (Transmutation, Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Possession and Corruption), Resistance to Darkness Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Petrification, Madness Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, Sleep Manipulation, Body Puppetry, Memory Manipulation, Curse Manipulation (Which can prevent the target to use their weapons, cast spells or use items, and rapidly drain magic) and Hellfire Manipulation (Should be able to resist the powers of minor demons), Soul Manipulation, Reality Warping | All previous powers/abilities and technically has all of Lord Dracula's but on an higher scale.
Attack Potency: Attack Potency: Universe level+ (Fought and defeated Chaos. More powerful than Dracula ever was. Able to ignore conventional durability with various Souls) | Universe level+ (After awakening his dark side, Soma is the next true Dark Lord and thus Dracula)
Speed: At least Relativistic (Casually dodged Paranoia's Light Beam), fought against Chaos and Julius Belmont), Speed of Light attack speed with Light Based spells | At least Relativistic, Speed of Light attack speed with Light Based spells
Lifting Strength: Superhuman (Can push metal crates larger than he is) | Unknown
Durability: Universe level+ | Universe level+
Range: Standard melee range normally, tens of meters to tens of kilometers with equipment. Universal+ with the Power of Dominance and other powers.
- Great Sword
- Whip Sword
- Throwing weapons,
- Positron Rifle
- Death's Scythe
- Terror Bear
Intelligence: Gifted, higher with certain summons that enhance it | Gifted (Even higher than before via also having Dracula's memories)
Weaknesses: None Notable
Feats: Fought against Chaos and Julius
Power of Dominance: The Power of Dominance is the primary ability of the Dark Lord. Soma inherited this power from Dracula, as he is the reincarnation of the count and thus has his soul. Through it, Soma can absorb the Souls of his enemies and can gain absolute control over his respective demonic souls. After absorbing a Soul, Soma gains the powers, resistances, control over the soul and can likely erase them from existence akin to Dracula. This power also grants Soma incredible control over souls as he was able to passively absorb them from Celia's castle when witnessing Mina's death and absorb the countless souls of the Abyss after defeating Menace. When submitting to Chaos and turning to his dark side, Soma is reborn as Dracula once again and has complete control over demons and the countless souls of the Abyss.
- Magical Seals: Learned by Yoko Belnades. Soma can seal monsters and bosses if he kills them to sever their connection to the Dark Portal, which stops them from coming back or regenerating.
- Summoning: Through his various souls, Soma can summon a wide variety of demons, spirits and monsters to fight for him or to protect him.
- Shapeshifting: Soma can take on the form of the souls he posseses, he can also transform into a bat and fly. Notable transformations include: Iron Golem, Valkyrie, Manticor, Curly and Devil Souls.
- Hellfire Soma shoots out either 3 or 5 flames of pure Hellfire like Dracula. This abillity can also be used in his bat form.
- Death Touch Not to be confused with Death. This soul makes it so that every hit from Soma will replenish his life by absorbing the lifeforce of enemies. This works on inanimate objects and attacks that are blocked as well.
- 5th Plague A power derived from Abaddons Soul. It makes Soma able to summon tons of demonic Locusts which he can control and act independently from while fighting.
- Death Scythe: Not to be confused with the weapon. This gives Soma the abillity to passively create Scythes all around him which target his enemies, these scythes can also destroy projectiles.
- Nightmare: Chanelling the Malachi soul, Soma fires a ball of dark energy that slowly floats at its enemy.
- Astral Veil: From the Killer Mantle, Soma can swap his opponents life force with their magic. When used against enemies who have no magic it will instantly kill them
- Damage Cut: An abillity gained from the Dead Crusader, Soma can completely nullify effects of attacks or physical damage alltogether. This extends to attacks that would normally negate durabillity like petrification, curses, poisons and more.
- Chaos Ring: A ring that draws powers from Chaos itself, it gives Soma almost limitless magic and use of his souls.
- Legendary Weapons: Soma can wield various mythical weapons like Excalibur, Claimh Solais, Mjollnjr, Gungner, Hrunting, Longinus Spear, Murasama and Death's Scythe.
- Positron Rifle: A large futuristic weapon that shoots out an anti-particle beam of positive electrons to annihilate its target.
- Fire Arms: Soma has various fire arms in his inventory, ranging from normal 9mm hanguns, to guns with silver ammunition and finally a RPG
- Other notable equipment and goods: Death's robe, Dracula's tunic which is imbued with his dark powers, Megingjord, Satan's Ring etc.
Key: Dark Lord Soma