Telekinesis (from Greek: τηλε- "far off" and κίνηση "movement") is the ability to influence/control/manipulate matter or another aspect of a physical system with the ‘mind’ or through other non-physical means. Commonly, the most basic and fundamental trait is to move or otherwise interact with objects (or alternatively, to generate and apply physical force on a target, or potentially, an area) both from a distance and without physical contact.
As the ability is connected to the mind of the user, it can either be activated and controlled through conscious effort and concentration, through willpower and emotions of a particular level of intensity, through achieving a state of discipline and serenity, or simply through the whim and desire of the user. Moreover, these aspects of the user's mind and mental capacity at large can affect the accuracy, precision, range and strength of their ability, as well as its subsequent limitations.
Telekinesis is one of the bases of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating," and may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic, particle, and universal level.
- Attack the enemy with from multiple directions, which makes it very hard to counter.
- Deny the target mobility, and fling the target way at high speeds (which will lead to a crash in the absence of flight).
- Affect the internal organs of the target (disrupt the target's biological functionality, or completely destroy the internal organ systems)
- Levitate (or even fly).
- Create telekinetic barriers.
- Strengthen the user's body, simulating superhuman physical characteristics.
- Manipulate particles at an atomic level (rare)