|“||Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin Naal ok zin los vahriin, Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal! Ahrk fin norok paal graan, Fod nust hon zindro zaan Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!
Huzrah nu, kul do od, wah aan bok lingrah vod Ahrk fin tey, boziik fun, do fin gein!
Wo lost fron wah ney dov, Ahrk fin reyliik do jul, Voth aan suleyk wah ronit faal krein
Ahrk fin kel lost prodah, Do ved viing ko fin krah, Tol fod zeymah win kein meyz fundein! Alduin, feyn do jun, Kruziik vokun staadnau, Voth aan bahlok wah diivon fin lein!
Nuz aan sul, fent alok, Fod fin vul dovah nok, Fen kos nahlot mahfaeraak ahrk ruz! Paaz Keizaal fen kos stin nol bein Alduin jot!
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin Naal ok zin los vahriin Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal! Ahrk fin norok paal graan Fod nust hon zindro zaan Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!
|~ The Song of the Dragonborn.|
A Dovahkiin (or Dragonborn) is a mortal blessed with the Blood and soul of a dragon by Akatosh, the Father of Dragons and chief of the Divines. Those with the blessing have an extraordinary aptitude in the use of the thu'um, being able to absorb knowledge of shouts directly from the souls of slain dragons. This ability breeds fear and hatred in dragons, as the removal of their soul severs their immortality and renders them beyond the reach of any necromancy. The first known Dragonborn was Miraak, a dragon priest of the Merethic Era who used the thu'um in an unsuccessful revolt against his masters. However, the title itself is most often associated with the "Dragonborn Emperors" of Tamriel, who were in a divine covenant with Akatosh which maintains the barriers between Mundus and Oblivion.
With the return of the dragons in 4E 201 came the emergence of the first Dragonborn hero since Tiber Septim to be summoned by the Greybeards for training. In the fulfillment of an ancient Akaviri prophecy, this Last Dragonborn learned to master the thu'um to battle Alduin. Eventually, the Dovahkiin would learn the Dragonrend Shout through an Elder Scrolls, allowing them to witness the Thu'um be used against Alduin himself in the Merethic Era. Armed with their new knowledge and power, the Dovahkiin faced the World-Eater in one final battle. First, they fought atop the Throat of the World, and then later in the Realm of Sovngarde after Alduin fled to gain strength by gorging on the souls of the dead. Together with the aid from the spirits of the very ancient heroes who first defeated Alduin eons before, the Dovahkiin was able to slay the World-Eater completely and utterly, saving Nirn and the entire Mundus from destruction and breaking the Kalpic Cycle in the process.
Powers and Status
Tier: At least Low 7-B, likely higher | High 6-A | Low 1-C, likely higher | Low 1-C, likely higher, High 1-B with Daedric and Aedric Artifacts
Name: The Dovahkiin, The Last Dragonborn, Ysmir, The Dragon of the North, "Hjalti", "Stormcrown"
Origin: The Elder Scrolls
Gender: Varies. As a Prisoner, the Dovahkiin is a quantum-being who is simultaneously of every race, every gender, and who walks all paths.
Age: Unknown | Beyond the concept of “time”
Classification: Prisoner, Dragonborn, Doom-Driven Hero, Possibly a Shezarrine
Dimensionality: 3-D | 3-D | 6-D | 6-D
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Prisoner Physiology, Longevity, Martial Arts, Weapon Mastery (Types 0 and 1), Natural Weaponry, Stealth Mastery, Enhanced Senses & Clairvoyance, Immortality (Types 1, 3 and 7), Acausality (Type 5. As a Prisoner, The Dovahkiin is an Impossipoint, a tear in the fabric of Time which exists outside of all Possibility and is unbound by the chains of causality and deterministic fate which pervade through the Dream of the Godhead), Probability Manipulation (Exists outside of all Possibility as a tear in reality, can turn even a slight chance no matter how small into 100% probability of success), Underwater Breathing (Type 2), Magic, Dimensional Storage, Social Influencing, Illusion Creation, Weapon Creation, Reality Warping (All Magic comes from the act of an individual exerting changes upon reality in accordance to their Will), Non-Physical Interaction, Tonal Manipulation (Using Tonal Magic such as the Thu'um, they can control and influence the underlying tones which compose the fundamental layer of reality, changing, erasing and adding to the Song of Creation itself), Possesses Magic, which includes: Deconstruction, Absorption, Power Absorption, Life Manipulation, Blood Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Invisibility, Death Manipulation, Necromancy, Curse Manipulation, Transmutation, Fear Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Regeneration (Mid), Empathic Manipulation, Immortality Negation (Types 1, 3, 4, 5), Regeneration Negation (At least Mid-Godly) and Abstract Existence Negation (Type 2 via Dragonrend), Shapeshifting, Intangibility, Time Manipulation, Time Stop, Energy Manipulation, Energy Projection, Resistance Negation, Glyph Creation, Explosion Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Elemental Manipulation, Weather Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Holy Manipulation, Healing, Resurrection, Teleportation/Portal Creation, Telekinesis, Summoning, BFR, Paralysis Inducement, Forcefield Creation, Purification, Disease Manipulation, Statistics Amplification, Status Effect Inducement, Statistics Reduction, Sense Manipulation, Perception Manipulation, Willpower Manipulation, Attack Reflection, Breath Attack, Animal Manipulation, Resistance to Magic, Time Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Illusion Creation, Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Power Nullification, Fire Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Elemental Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Disease Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Transmutation, Statistics Reduction, Paralysis Inducement, Status Effect Inducement, Madness Manipulation and Death Manipulation (Was able to read Hermaeus Mora's blackbooks, which cause people to go insane just by looking into them and is able to stand in the presence of Sheogorath who with his presence alone can drive people insane and kill them), Void Manipulation (Resisted attempts from Alduin to send them to the Void by devouring them), Reality Warping, Matter Manipulation, Information Manipulation, Tonal Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation and Curse Manipulation
Attack Potency: At least Small City level+, likely higher (Slayed a dragon in single combat, a feat thought impossible by the regular warriors of Skyrim. Dragons are legendary beings of immortal might and vast magical power, and should far exceed the power of average Nordic Tongues, who can manipulate the weather and summon storms with their Thu'um, as well as several other types of mages who can do the same) | Multi-Continent level (Comparable to, if not entirely superior to the full might of the Greybeards, who shock the world with the power of their Voice. Can use the Storm Call Thu'um at the Throat of the World) | Low Macroverse level (Fought and defeat Alduin in personal combat, slaying the World Eater completely, with their death reverberating across all of time through all Eras of the world, Alduin was devouring the continuous linear time of Mundus, which is a higher dimensional plane, that contains a Multiverse which contains infinite timelines, and also Moons, which are in fact 5 dimensional metaphysical constructs, of infinite size and infinite mass, Fought and bested Alduin even after he had devoured souls to become stronger) | Low Macroverse level (Fought with, and single-handedly defeated Miraak after reading the Black Books of Hermaeus Mora and learning their words of power, Miraak being the first ever dragonborn capable of single handedly defeat alduin), likely higher (After defeating Miraak the Dovahkiin absorbed his soul and all of his power, knowledge and abilities) | High Hyperverse level (Through Aedric and Daedric Artifacts)
Speed: At least Subsonic Combat and Reaction Speed (Kept pace and reacted to the attacks of a weak dragon, one of which was described by a Whiterun Guard as faster than anything he'd ever seen. Should be far above regular soldiers who can dodge arrows), with Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed with shock spells (Can cast shock spells, which function mechanically the same as natural lightning) | At least Massively Hypersonic+ Combat and Reaction Speed (Superior to Odahviing, who can cross Skyrim in seconds, and should also be much faster than skilled Ansei who can react and swing their swords in microseconds. Comparable to powerful mages who can cast, and react to lightning-based spells) | Immeasurable Combat and Reaction Speed (Kept pace with Alduin in battle) | Immeasurable Combat and Reaction Speed (Matched Miraak in single combat)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman | Immeasurable | Immeasurable
Durability: At least Small City level+, likely higher (Endured the attacks and the fire Thu'um of a dragon) | Multi-Continent level (Completely unscathed by the full might of the Greybeards, who shook the world with the power of their Voice) | Low Macroverse level (Endured Alduin's most powerful attacks) | Low Macroverse level (Survived Miraak's strongest attacks)
Stamina: Superhuman. Capable of going through entire dungeons while killing hordes of enemies without growing tired | Infinite
Range: Extended Melee Range, Hundreds to thousands of killometers with Thu'um, Spells and Ranged Weapons | Planetary with Thu'um | Low Macroversal | Low Macroversal | Up to High Hyperversal with Non-Combative Thu'um, Spells and Daedric Artifacts
Intelligence: Gifted. An incredibly skilled warrior who bested countless opponents, including ancient and powerful dragons, and even gods such as Alduin and Tsun. Played an instrumental role in the Stormcloak and Imperial Civil War in Skyrim. A prodigy in the art of the Thu'um, mastering the Way of the Voice as if it were second nature to them. Skilled in various abilities, including forging, enchanting, alchemy, spellcasting, stealth, and building. Can potentially become Archmage of the College of Winterhold, the Harbinger of the Companions, the Guildmaster of the Thieves' Guild and the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood.
Weaknesses: None Notable.
- Animal Allegiance: A Shout for help from the beasts of the wild, who come to fight in the Dovahkiin's defense.
- Aura Whisper: The Dovahkiin's Voice is not a Shout, but a whisper, revealing the life forces of any and all.
- Battle Fury: The Dovahkiin's Thu'um enchants their nearby allies' weapons, allowing them to attack faster.
- Become Ethereal: The Thu'um reaches out to the Void, changing the Dovahkiin's form to one that cannot harm, or be harmed.
- Bend Will: The Dovahkiin's voice bends the very stones to their will. As it gains power, animals, people, and even dragons must do their bidding.
- Call Dragon: The Dovahkiin summons Odahviing to aid them in battle.
- Call of Valor: The valiant of Sovngarde hear the Dovahkiin's Voice, and journey beyond space and time to lend aid.
- Clear Skies: Skyrim itself yields before the Thu'um, as the Dovahkiin clears away fog and inclement weather.
- Cyclone: The Dovahkiin's Thu'um creates a whirling cyclone that sows chaos among their enemies.
- Disarm: The Dovahkiin's shout defies steel, as it rips the weapon from an opponent's grasp.
- Dismay: And the weak shall fear the Thu'um, and flee in terror.
- Dragon Aspect: The Dovahkiin takes on the mighty aspect of a dragon, delivering colossal blows, with an armored hide, and more powerful shouts.
- Dragonrend: The Dovahkiin's Voice lashes out at a dragon's very soul, forcing the beast to land.
Explanation about Dragonrend
The shout does not simply cause a dragon to fall from the sky, Dragons are immortal beings, even if you destroy their bodies they will still live as they are fragments of Akatosh, They arnt physical beings either, as said by Michael Kirkbride "They are Biological Time machines powered by ideologies" dragons are not born they simply are, unchanging and immutable they are aspects of the embodiment of Time, what Dragonrend truly does is that it forces the very concept of mortality/end/finite etc. unto the dragons/immortals so that they are able to be killed the shout strips away their immortality
Dragonrend even made it possible for The Dovahkiin to kill Alduin who is a major aspect of the Time Dragon and the literall embodiment of the End of Time.
- Drain Vitality: The Dovahkiin coaxes both magical and mortal energies from their hapless opponent.
- Elemental Fury: The Thu'um imbues the Dovahkiin's arms with the speed of wind, allowing for faster weapon strikes.
- Fire Breath: Inhale air, exhale flame, and behold the Thu'um as inferno.
- Frost Breath: The Dovahkiin's breath is long winter, their Thu'um a blizzard.
- Ice Form: The Dovahkiin's Thu'um freezes an opponent solid.
- Kyne's Peace: The Dovahkiin's Voice soothes wild beasts, who lose their desire to fight or flee.
- Marked for Death: The Dovahkiin Speaks, and lets their Voice herald doom, as an opponent's armor and lifeforce are weakened.
- Slow Time: The Dovahkiin Shouts at time, and commands it to obey, as the world around them stands still.
- Soul Tear: The Dovahkiin's Thu'um cuts through flesh and shatters soul, commanding the will of the fallen.
- Storm Call: A Shout to the skies, a cry to the clouds, that awakens the destructive force of Skyrim's lightning.
- Summon Durnehviir: The Dovahkiin summons Durnehviir from Soul Cairn to aid them in battle.
- Throw Voice: The Dovahkiin's Thu'um is heard, but its source unknown, fooling those into seeking it out.
- Unrelenting Force: The Dovahkiin's Voice is raw power, pushing aside anything - or anyone - who stands in their path.
- Whirlwind Sprint: The Thu'um rushes forward, carrying the Dovahkiin in its wake with the speed of a tempest.
- Ziil Los Dii Du!: The Thu'um allows the user to instantly kill, take the soul and heal the user.
Feats: Defeated Alduin, who was devouring the linear time of the sphere of Mundus, Defeated Miraak, who was stronger than Alduin and a treat to the entire Mundus
Key: Early Game | Mid Game | End Game | Dragonborn DLC