|“||You give me too much credit. These days, I'm just a plain old candy-store owner.
Urahara to Aizen Sosuke
|“||I made a decision when I got out of bed this morning. 'Once I get out of this bed, I'm a member of the Twelfth Division. From now on, I'm only going to get angry if someone badmouths the Twelfth Division.' After all, I think changing what makes you mad and what doesn't is kind of basically the same thing as 'changing your own feelings'. Right?||„|
|~ Urahara to Hiyori Sarugaki|
|“||If I prepare a thousand options, all I need is for one of them to work. So I make a habit of preparing anything and everything that shows any kind of promise. That's just how I work.||„|
|~ Urahara to Askin Nakk Le Vaar|
Kisuke Urahara (浦原 喜助, Urahara Kisuke) is the former Captain of the 12th Division, as well as the founder and 1st President of the S.R.D.I. After finding out about Aizen's Hollowfication experiments, and being frame by him, he was exiled to the World of the Livings where he has a small convenience store that sells Shinigami items.
After Ichigo's defeat at the hands of Byakuya, Urahara helps him to become a Shinigami and invade Soul Society to save Rukia Kuchiki. Thanks to Aizen's betrayal, Urahara's gets cleared from the past accusations and becomes a crucial ally to the Gotei.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 6-C | High 6-A | High 6-A, Unknown with Bankai
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Master Swordsman, Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Pseudo-Flight, Genius Intelligence, Healing, Spiritual Awareness (Can see invisible spirits and objects), Extrasensory Perception (Can sense beings with Reiatsu), Longevity, Stealth Mastery (With Reiatsu-Concealing Cloak), Can take his reiryoku and exert it as reiatsu, Statistics Amplification (Can use Shunpo to boost his speed), Portal Creation and Dimensional Travel (Can open portals and travel between dimensions), Purification (Type 2, The Zanpakutō cleanses a Hollow’s soul of it sins and purifies it so it may enter the Soul Society), Duplication (With Portable Gigai), Forcefield Creation (With Chikasumi no Tate), Explosion Manipulation (With Hiasobi, Benihime, Juzutsunagi), Limited Power Nullification (With Tsuppane, Benihime),Energy Projection, Energy Absorption (With Hado 99), Regeneration (Low-Mid) via Bankai, and Can rewrite the structure of objects, Power Modification, Spatial Manipulation via Bankai, Paralysis (With Rikujōkōrō and Shitonegaeshi), Sealing, BFR (Shinigami can transfer the souls of the dead to either Soul Society or Hell depending on the deeds they've committed when they were alive), Soul Manipulation (Shinigami can directly damage souls with their Zanpakutō), Invisibility, Non-Physical Interaction (Can harm and interact with intangible spirits and objects), Overwhelming Aura (Spiritual pressure can passively induce ailments ranging from paralysis to fear inducement), Resistance to Soul Manipulation and Poison Manipulation (With Deathdealing Vaccine)
Attack Potency: Island level (Neutralized Yammy's Cero with his own attack, sliced off a Resurrección Luppi's tentacles, comparable to Yoruichi) | Multi-Continent level (On par with base Aizen, managed to pierce a partial Chrysalis Aizen with Jügeki Byakurai. Aizen has stated that were it not for his fusing with the Hogyoku, Urahara could have potentially put him down for good) | Multi-Continent level (At least as strong as before. Fought against Vollstandich Askin), Unknown with Bankai (His Bankai ignores conventional durability)
Speed: Relativistic (Comparable to Yoruichi) | Massively FTL+ (Can keep up with Aizen) | Massively FTL+ (Was nonchalantly keeping up with Askin)
Lifting Strength: Class K | Class G | Class G
Durability: Island level | Multi-Continent level (Took hits from a base and a partial Chrysalis Aizen) | Multi-Continent level
Stamina: Very high. Fought against Ichigo for 5 days and nights. He is one of the strongest Captain level Shinigami. Significantly weaker characters can fight for days without rest and with injuries that would be fatal to even the hardiest of normal humans.
Range: Extended melee range normally, several hundred meters with Benihime's special abilities and certain Kido spells
Standard Equipment: His Zanpakutō, Benihime, Portable Gigai (a dummy with which he can switch places to avoid attacks)
Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius. Urahara is quite possibly the most intelligent being in the entire setting, having created numerous inventions such as Gigai variations, Tenshintai (which allowed a capable individual to achieve Bankai in a mere three days compared to the usual ten year period), and the Hougyoku. Even Aizen, who is extremely pridefull and fights the notion of something being above him, has admited that Urahara is his intellectual superior. He is very insightful of other people, allowing him to see through a person's demeanor and determine what they are thinking. Also able to read well into the situation, he can seemingly predict anything well in advance. He possesses great intuition, quickly becoming aware of any incoming danger and reacting to it in time. He is a crafty tactician, using his aloof and unkempt appearance to easily deceiving both allies and enemies. In battle, he regularly uses cunning and deception to catch his opponents off-guard. He's also a master of Kido, knowing both Hadō and Bakudō spells, being able to perfectly use Hadō #99 without an incantation. His knowledge of Kido goes so far that he's able to create his own spells.
Weaknesses: His sealing technique requires the target to be weakened for it to take full effect.
Shitonegaeshi: A pinning technique which subdues an opponent and immobilizes them on the ground using coercion alone, with Urahara suspending the tip of his cane just millimeters from their face after he has struck them down.
- Hōzuri: A simple but precise slash technique which is meant only to lightly graze and cause superficial wounds.
Shunpo: A Shinigami movement technique which allows the user to move faster than the eye can follow As speed is the main factor of the technique, the method is best characterized by how fast one can get from point A to point B in the least amount of steps.
Sealed: Urahara's Zanpakuto is unique insofar as it takes the form of a shikomizue, or cane sword, in its sealed form. In said cane form, Urahara can forcibly expel souls from their physical body via the magic insignia on the base of it
Benihime: Awakened by the command 'Nake, Benihime'(Scream, Red Princess), Urahara's Zanpakuto becomes a medium-sized straight blade that manipulates a crimson energy for shielding, energy waves/blasts, and nets.
Shikai Special Abilities:
- Nake, Benihime - The sword's release command is also its main offensive ability, launching a red wave of energy along the sword's swung path
- Chikasumi no Tate - Benihime's Blood Mist Shield, this enables Urahara to create a powerful defensive barrier in front of him to block incoming damage
- Kamisori, Benihime - Urahara launches an energy arc which can fly up into the air with enough potency to easily slice through Luppy's Resurreccion
- Tsuppane, Benihime - After analyzing an attack's muscular movements and energy composition, Urahara can draw a red energy circle in the air which, upon contact with the attack, will 100% neutralize it
- Shibari, Benihime - Urahara creates a long entangling net of energy from the sword's tip and flings it at his opponent, ensnaring them in the net
- Hiasobi, Benihime, Juzu Tsunagi - Used in conjunction with Shibari, Urahara stabs Benihime into the net formed about an opponent and floods the net with orbs of fire which rapidly build into gigantic fireballs and erupt
Bankai - Kannonbaraki Benihime Aratame: Urahara's Bankai takes the form of a giant woman with dark, braided hair arranged in loops on her head and mannequin-like arm and wears a revealing robe.
- Bankai Special Ability: Kannonbiraki Benihime Aratame is capable of restructuring anything it touches for offensive purposes, such as slicing open whatever is in its area of effect instantaneously or supportive purposes, such as restructuring limbs to hold greater strength than previously.
Kidō: Spells cast by Shinigami with strong enough Reiryoku and Reiryoku control. Kidō is divided into mainly three categories: Hadō for attacks, Bakudō for battle support and Kaidō for healing. The spells are ranking from 1-99 with 1 being the weaker and easier spells to cast and 99 being the most powerful and difficult to cast. Skilled users can cast Kidō without the need of an incantation; however, casting without incantation does reduce the Kidō's effectiveness less than a third of its full potential
- Fūsatsu Kakei:: A Kidō where a pair of handcuffs appears on the target's palms, stopping the flow of their spiritual energy. This allows it to build up in the target's hands which disrupts the flow of energy all around their body. It prevents them from properly using techniques involving it and eventually if the energy isn't released, it incinerates/detonates them from the inside
- Shibireyubi: Replicating movements similar to Bakudō #1 Sai, the caster restricts the movements of the target.
- Bakudō #61: Rikujōkōrō: Upon pointing at their target, the caster generates 6 prongs of Reiatsu that close in on the target to immobilize them in place. It restricts all movements.
- Bakudō #63: Sajō Sabaku: The caster generates a chain of Reiatsu that wraps around the target to immobilize them.
- Bakudō #79: Kuyō Shibari: The caster generates eight orbs of continuous generation of Reiatsu around the target with a ninth on the target to immobilize them.
- Jūgeki Byakurai (Kaizō Kidō): A modified version of Hadō #4. Byakurai. Unlike its unmodified counterpart, this spell takes the appearance of a red beam powerful enough to pierce through a durable foe, such as Sōsuke Aizen, from a considerable distance.
- Hadō #32: Ōkasen: Fires a wide arc of energy using Kidō which can also be used as a distraction.
- Hadō #91: Senjū Kōten Taihō: The caster concentrates and injects the condensed Reiryoku into the target. The blast is magnificent enough to fill the whole sky and is much more powerful than an Arrancar's Gran Rey Cero.
- Hadō #99: Goryūtenmetsu: Five large pillars of light are generated around the caster composed of Reiatsu that resemble large dragons. A forbidden Kidō as it not only destroys the surroundings, it absorbs nearby Reiatsu to enhance itself.
Kyūjūrokkei Kakafūmetsu: An original spell, it impales the target from the inside out with cross-shaped pillars of light before solidifying and sealing the target within a vaguely star-shaped barrier.
Having founded the research institute in Soul Society, Kisuke has developed several unique items.
- Gigai Technology: a Gigai is an artificial body created to help broken souls to stabilize and restore their energy as well as enable Shinigami stationed in Human World to interact with Humans. Having experimented with Gigai at length, Urahara has created its many variations designed for various purposes.
- Energy-sucking Gigai: An untraceable Gigai which drains the user's spiritual power instead of restoring it, effectively making them Human if used long enough. It was developed to hide Hōgyoku forever and given to Rukia. Akon noted that this Gigai was so advanced that nobody in the current SRDI would have been able to create it.
- Portable Gigai: An inflatable variation used as a decoy in combat. With an adequate level of skill and right timing, the user can fool even a high-level combatant like Aizen.
- Reiatsu-Concealing Cloak: Urahara has created a cloak which hides his spiritual pressure, which he used to sneak up on Aizen during the Hollowfication of the soon-to-be Visored and to sneak up on Ichigo after he lost his Fullbring. As demonstrated by Aizen, by incorporating Kidō into the cloak, it allows the wearer to blend in with the air around him, almost completely concealed from sight.
- Deathdealing Vaccine: A drug designed to counteract Askin Nakk Le Vaar's The Deathdealing. By injecting this into the person's skin at the point of contact from Askin's ability, the person will recover from the effects. As Kisuke noted, this formula is still underdeveloped, lasting only about 5 minutes and likewise does not make the person recover completely.
- Shunshin Chōhenge Activator: Knowing of Yoruichi's powerful transformation yet reluctance to use it because of its appearance, Kisuke created a special paper that once removing a tag will force the transformation.
Key: Arrancar Arc | Fake Karakura Town Arc | Thousand Year Blood War Arc